U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 08:49 AM

7 posts, read 11,267 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
I am student who recently accepted an externship position at OUHSC (825 NE 10th Street, Oklahoma City 73104), and am in need of finding a place to live, and I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions.

As of now I have narrowed down the search to mostly Norman area
- Savannah Ridge Apartments (Norman)
- Woodland Hills Apartments
- Regency Towers (OK City)
- Deep Deuce (OK City)

I appreciate your input as I am completely unfamiliar with the area.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 09:34 AM

8,935 posts, read 11,355,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixalhs View Post
Hello everyone,
I am student who recently accepted an externship position at OUHSC (825 NE 10th Street, Oklahoma City 73104), and am in need of finding a place to live, and I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions.

As of now I have narrowed down the search to mostly Norman area
- Savannah Ridge Apartments (Norman)
- Woodland Hills Apartments
- Regency Towers (OK City)
- Deep Deuce (OK City)

I appreciate your input as I am completely unfamiliar with the area.

Thanks
Just to get the ball rolling..............
Student Apartments and Rentals :: Oklahoma City Community College

Norman OK Real Estate, Oklahoma City Metro Real Estate

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 05-08-2012 at 06:31 AM..

Old 04-29-2012, 11:58 AM

@ Howest2008:
Thank you so much. I have started looking into those links.

Incidentally, I was told that the Regency and the Legacy are really decent, and within waking distance. If I lived in the city, will I be in need of a car to get around? Will the temperature be unbearable for walking? Are groceries far away?

Sorry for all the questions, again I truly appreciate any input.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:17 PM

8,935 posts, read 11,355,429 times
Quote:
@ Howest2008:
Thank you so much. I have started looking into those links.

Incidentally, I was told that the Regency and the Legacy are really decent, and within waking distance. If I lived in the city, will I be in need of a car to get around? Will the temperature be unbearable for walking? Are groceries far away?

Sorry for all the questions, again I truly appreciate any input.
You will need a car , downtown OKC will have light rail in 2 or 3 years..
but currently the bus system isn't very good "oklahoma city" and norman both are only walkable in their's core downtown area's..welcome to OK

Old 04-29-2012, 09:28 PM

I see. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:40 AM
J24

448 posts, read 619,076 times
Yeah, unfortunately Oklahoma City isn't as advanced as some cities when it comes to public transportation. You could get by without a car I suppose, but you'd definitely be wishing you had one. In the summer, you will NOT want to be walking, I promise you. Especially not if we had a summer like we did last year (over 40 straight days of 100+ degree weather).

I can't tell you much about any of those apartments as I'm from Edmond (north suburb of OKC), so I'm sorry I couldn't be much of a help there. However, most of the apartments in the Bricktown area are pretty nice from what I've seen/heard. They are building some new ones right now that I definitely wouldn't mind living in if I wasn't moving this year (Level Urban Apartments, 2nd & Walnut). I doubt they will be finished by the time you move here though unfortunately.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:11 AM

Thanks J24. Is Edmond a good place to live? I don't mind driving in from Edmond. Right now I just need to find affordable housing (preferably furnished), but I have little reference point.
Thanks again

Old 04-30-2012, 10:23 AM

776 posts, read 1,832,405 times
I live in Midtown and my area is chock full of OUHSC students and employees. Based on your list I would go with Deep Deuce. Really nice area with a lot of young people and very walkable to Bricktown/Downtown. I'm actually surprised there are any available units. Everyone I know who's tried to get in there has been put on a waiting list.

Skip Regency Tower. Although they recently remodeled it, I've heard it referred to as having a "nursing home feel" to it by more than one person.

If you can afford it, look into Level off of Walnut. Its basically in the same area as Deep Deuce. As J24 mentioned, they are just now being finished; however, they just opened their first phase for move in this weekend and will be opening up subsequent phases over the summer.

The one downside to that area is that grocery options are a bit limited; there are small mini mart places and pharmacies nearby, but you will need to drive a good clip for actual grocery shopping. As mentioned above, public transportation leave a lot to be desired here, but by car OKC is a fairly easy city to get around. MUCH easier than Philly, as I was just there last October. From Deep Deuce or Level, OUHSC would be a pretty easy bike ride as well.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:08 AM

Default Woodland Hills a good place

Hello there,

I am thinking of moving to Woodland Hills Apartments. Does anyone know if this is a good place or not? Thanks.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 AM

5,132 posts, read 5,239,371 times
Quote:
Hello there,

I am thinking of moving to Woodland Hills Apartments. Does anyone know if this is a good place or not? Thanks.
That would be to far to walk to OUHSC but would be a snap to drive. It's actually not a bad place as it has pretty good access to various parts of town. It is in the predominantly African American part of town north of the capitol that has been improved over the last say 20 years as a gateway to the capitol. There are some tasty eating joints in through there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or