U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2012, 02:03 PM
kbo kbo started this thread
 
5 posts, read 6,120 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hey all! I’m hoping you folks can help me out with something. I currently in Long Island, New York and am considering a move to OKC. I was just wondering , I mean; (sigh) I have certain beliefs and all I was wondering how tolerant a place OKC is? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2012, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,076 posts, read 18,608,115 times
Reputation: 7751
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbo View Post
Hey all! I’m hoping you folks can help me out with something. I currently in Long Island, New York and am considering a move to OKC. I was just wondering , I mean; (sigh) I have certain beliefs and all I was wondering how tolerant a place OKC is? Thanks!

What do you think Okies might do? Shoot you because you're different?

People are people, wherever you go. You won't find the people of OKC any different from Farmington or Freeport or Hauppauge except that you might have a language barrier.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 03:13 PM
kbo kbo started this thread
 
5 posts, read 6,120 times
Reputation: 10
Oh I meant no harm, it's just that my beliefs have gotten me into a lot of trouble and I'm just looking for a place where I can be myself you know?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,076 posts, read 18,608,115 times
Reputation: 7751
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbo View Post
Oh I meant no harm, it's just that my beliefs have gotten me into a lot of trouble and I'm just looking for a place where I can be myself you know?

You won't have any trouble in Oklahoma City. Okies are basically really nice and accommodating people.

I can't help but wonder, though, what your beliefs are that might cause you concern.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 15,507,974 times
Reputation: 7054
If your beliefs include pedophilia, animal abuse, burning neighborhoods, or other such activities, then you should be aware that a lot of us believe some folks just need shootin'. On the other hand, if your beliefs include dietary rules, dancing naked around a bonfire at the solstice or equinox, shaving your head, weird tattoos, and fully automatic weapons fire then as long as you keep the noise down after dark, go for it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2012, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,076 posts, read 18,608,115 times
Reputation: 7751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
If your beliefs include pedophilia, animal abuse, burning neighborhoods, or other such activities, then you should be aware that a lot of us believe some folks just need shootin'. On the other hand, if your beliefs include dietary rules, dancing naked around a bonfire at the solstice or equinox, shaving your head, weird tattoos, and fully automatic weapons fire then as long as you keep the noise down after dark, go for it.



I especially like that last one!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2012, 08:56 AM
kbo kbo started this thread
 
5 posts, read 6,120 times
Reputation: 10
Thanks! I feel much better. As to my beliefs.....they sure have caused me problems here....well, I trust you all so here goes....I'm a Republican. Red till I'm dead member of the GOP and that's not a good thing here in New york.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2012, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma
11,406 posts, read 8,192,433 times
Reputation: 10153
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbo View Post
Thanks! I feel much better. As to my beliefs.....they sure have caused me problems here....well, I trust you all so here goes....I'm a Republican. Red till I'm dead member of the GOP and that's not a good thing here in New york.
Sounds like you are an obnoxious right wing nut. You'll fit right in here. Come on down.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2012, 10:07 AM
kbo kbo started this thread
 
5 posts, read 6,120 times
Reputation: 10
Thank you Eddie!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2012, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma
11,406 posts, read 8,192,433 times
Reputation: 10153
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbo View Post
Thank you Eddie!
Seriously, this area is about as Republican as it gets. There are a few enclaves close to downtown OKC that are fairly liberal and around Norman (and of course some of the minority areas are democrat oriented) but I'd say most of OKC is republican to the point that you would have to look under a rock to find a dem.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:21 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top