Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 03:14 PM

9 posts, read 56,380 times

Advertisements

We may be relocating to Edmond and I have been researching the schools. From what I've found, it seems like a great public school system. I know there are 3 high schools. Which of the 3 is considered the best? Which is viewed by the community as "where you want to be"? And...which neighborhoods are some of the most desirable with homes in the $300k range? Are there areas of Edmond to stay away from? Thanks for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 04:47 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,591,400 times
Sorry no one has responded so far. Of the three high schools, I don't know which I would pick. I think it depends on which programs your kids are more interested in. My kids did not go to high school in Edmond, but I know my nephew chose Memorial because of their golf team. He could choose which school he went to, regardless of his residence. I was surprised at that.

For easiest commutes, the areas close to I-35 and the Kilpatrick turnpick would be good choices. Other than that, all the areas of Edmond are good, and for $300K, you should get a really nice home.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:06 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,743,047 times
Smile Ya..

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Sorry no one has responded so far. Of the three high schools, I don't know which I would pick. I think it depends on which programs your kids are more interested in. My kids did not go to high school in Edmond, but I know my nephew chose Memorial because of their golf team. He could choose which school he went to, regardless of his residence. I was surprised at that.

For easiest commutes, the areas close to I-35 and the Kilpatrick turnpick would be good choices. Other than that, all the areas of Edmond are good, and for $300K, you should get a really nice home.
I think all of the Edmond schools are great...But specifics...I dont know? Hopefully someone with a lot of knowledge will post which one is better. I know Memorial is the oldest of the three.
Edmond Public Schools - 8k -

Old 10-02-2007, 09:26 AM

I meant turnpike not turnpick.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:28 PM

9 posts, read 56,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post

Thanks for the reply. Does everyone get to pick which school? We are favoring Memorial but we won't decide until we visit each in person.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:34 PM

That's what I was told but I would contact the school to make sure. I think it is done on a space available basis.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 9,052 times
Default Edmond schools

Hi, I wanted to let you know that Deer Creek is the best school district in the state. It is in west Edmond and they are building a lot of new houses and housing communities in that area also. For more school info you can go to: sde.state.ok.us

Oklahoma State Department of Education (broken link)

And, personally, with $300 K, I would try to get into a gated community. (Not that it isn't safe here)

Old 10-03-2007, 05:10 PM

91 posts, read 482,179 times
Default Schools

Oklahoma schools - OK elementary, middle and high school information

As far as Oklahoma schools, you can't get any better, No matter which one.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:13 PM

35 posts, read 155,847 times
Have you checked out GreatSchools.net. This is the website that can rate the schools and compare them. Deer Creek schools is rated right now as the number 1 school in the state. As for the school "where you want to be" is a matter of opinion. Some people say that LOVE North and others say Memorial.... it just depends on what you are looking for in the school.
As for neighborhoods in the price range you are looking for, there are many great ones in Edmond. The one that comes to my mind first is Cascata Falls. It's a new development in Edmond (Simmons and Bryant). All the lots out there are .5+ acres, neighborhood swimming pool, club house, ponds, etc. It's zoned for Edmond North school. There's so many new developments coming up in Edmond. It just depends on what you are looking for, which neighborhood would be right for your fit.

Shari

Old 10-08-2007, 02:00 PM

26 posts, read 125,199 times
I didn't grow up in Edmond, but I went to college there and lots of the Edmond kids graduated from Memorial. They all LOVED it and spoke only wonderful things about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City