Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 02:12 PM

13 posts, read 26,959 times

Advertisements

KCMO wrote :
"What's with the anti government mentality there? I think it's obvious that if there was a state that could use a little gov intervention, it might be OK. They don’t seem to have a clue on how to take care of things themselves at the individual level."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmmmmm.....kcmo, do you have an objection to using real actual facts to highlght how absurd your procalmation that it's obvious that we in OK need a little gov intervention from DC? If not, then let's look at reality here:

unemployment
OK 5.1% DC 8.4%

violent crime per 100,000
OK 497 DC 1508

Home ownership
OK 70.4% DC 44.1%

...now, why exactly is it that we should be wanting to have y'all intervene with how our lives are down here? If anything, I think it is beyond obvious that y'all should be taking some cues from us.

Now on to your original 2 questions....auto insurance, or lack thereof, I would have to chalk up mostly to our huge populace of illegal immigrants.....and considering the fact that DC takes huge monies from Oklahoma every year and not only refuses to enforce existing immigration laws, but also ties the hands of states that try to enforce those laws themselves, then obviously DC bears a huge responsiblity to OK having such high numbers of illegal immigrants/uninsured motorists.

And as far as why we are so resistant to being forced to buy healthcare, I can only speak for myself (which I know only speaking for yourself as opposed to speaking for everyone else is a bit of a foreign concept in DC, down here it is still fairly commonplace)....but speaking for myself, I will tell you why I am opposed to being forced to buy health insurance

1: It is immoral. This is my body, and you have no right to any medical decisions concerning it.

2: It is non-sensical and completely and utterly lacking in any intelligence and logic. In explanation......virtually all Americans readily agree that the health insurance companies are corrupt as they can be, so why in the hell would we want to be forced to be their customers? This is not universal health care, this is simply giving our politicians financial contributors (health insurance companies by way of political campaign contributions through lobbyists) more customers.

3: Any objective thinker/observer should have no problem ascertaining that any bill of this magnitude and volume that is passed without proper review should not have been, if for no other reason than that alone. Yes, maybe that is a simple Southern way of thinking...be that as it may, I still fully believe that if y'all (DC) wanna pass a law forcing free citizens to buy health insurance, that the entirety of the process should be done in full light of day with more than ample time for all those voting on it to be able to read it at length and reflect on it instead of just rushing it through with little to no chance of actual full review.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 08:31 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,500,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fat Hillbilly View Post
KCMO wrote :
"What's with the anti government mentality there? I think it's obvious that if there was a state that could use a little gov intervention, it might be OK. They don’t seem to have a clue on how to take care of things themselves at the individual level."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmmmmm.....kcmo, do you have an objection to using real actual facts to highlght how absurd your procalmation that it's obvious that we in OK need a little gov intervention from DC? If not, then let's look at reality here:

unemployment
OK 5.1% DC 8.4%

violent crime per 100,000
OK 497 DC 1508

Home ownership
OK 70.4% DC 44.1%

...now, why exactly is it that we should be wanting to have y'all intervene with how our lives are down here? If anything, I think it is beyond obvious that y'all should be taking some cues from us.

Now on to your original 2 questions....auto insurance, or lack thereof, I would have to chalk up mostly to our huge populace of illegal immigrants.....and considering the fact that DC takes huge monies from Oklahoma every year and not only refuses to enforce existing immigration laws, but also ties the hands of states that try to enforce those laws themselves, then obviously DC bears a huge responsiblity to OK having such high numbers of illegal immigrants/uninsured motorists.

And as far as why we are so resistant to being forced to buy healthcare, I can only speak for myself (which I know only speaking for yourself as opposed to speaking for everyone else is a bit of a foreign concept in DC, down here it is still fairly commonplace)....but speaking for myself, I will tell you why I am opposed to being forced to buy health insurance

1: It is immoral. This is my body, and you have no right to any medical decisions concerning it.

2: It is non-sensical and completely and utterly lacking in any intelligence and logic. In explanation......virtually all Americans readily agree that the health insurance companies are corrupt as they can be, so why in the hell would we want to be forced to be their customers? This is not universal health care, this is simply giving our politicians financial contributors (health insurance companies by way of political campaign contributions through lobbyists) more customers.

3: Any objective thinker/observer should have no problem ascertaining that any bill of this magnitude and volume that is passed without proper review should not have been, if for no other reason than that alone. Yes, maybe that is a simple Southern way of thinking...be that as it may, I still fully believe that if y'all (DC) wanna pass a law forcing free citizens to buy health insurance, that the entirety of the process should be done in full light of day with more than ample time for all those voting on it to be able to read it at length and reflect on it instead of just rushing it through with little to no chance of actual full review.
Also, love the username....LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City