Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 12:31 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,189,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post

Grocery store chains - Crest Foods****, Buy For Less***, Homeland**, Akin's Natural Foods Market***, Aldi (non rated), Whole Foods****, Sprouts****, Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market***

**** Good
*** Fair
** Mediocre
* Poor
(not rated).. I've never been. I based ratings on cleanliness, presentation, convenience, availability and quality and visited more than one location.
Homeland is hit or miss. Some of the stores are dumps but others are some of the nicest in the metro. The Homeland at May and Britton is great. Wal-Mart totally dominates here though so I do my best to not shop there if I can help it. The competition needs all the business it can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 07:22 PM

31 posts, read 145,603 times
We have pinned it down to Edmond. Looking for a house or apartment that will accept at least one dog and rent is around $900/mo.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:11 AM

3 posts, read 2,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrah View Post
We are moving from CA to OK Nov. 1st. I am trying to find a rental anywhere near OKC/Edmond/Guthrie/Moore/Norman/Mustang/Choctaw, but I am finding out Craigslist has a lot of scams and that is the last thing I need right now. Can you please give me a list of real estate offices that have rentals or property management offices that are reputable? Phone numbers or websites??? I have about 2 weeks to secure something.

Thank you!!!!
Hi, saw your post on moving to OKC area. I live in Tulsa and have 3 rentals in OKC area, 2 of which are empty. My wife suffered a traumatic brain injury from a fall on ice in January of 2009, and it's been difficult for me to stay on top of my rental houses. We have a home in Edmond which is in a nice neighborhood with great access to shopping, close to both Universities, 15 min. from downtown OKC. My wife and I have been married 36 years and we bought this home after we were married a year, lived there for 7 years and have rented it out for 28 years. The last renters were 3 college age brothers who were there for 3 years, their parents paid the rent every month, but when they moved out the house was a huge mess. My wife and I spent 23 days in the house cleaning, painting, trimming trees,bushes, etc., working on the yard, and I have to go back and work for about 2 more days to finish painting. I had to return to Tulsa to work on taxes, plus give my wife some relief from sleeping on an air bed for 3 weeks. The house is on a quiet cul de sac in a good neighborhood with great neighbors,many of whom have lived on the circle for 20 years or more. We will be renting it for under $1,100 per month, depending on how much I spend on replacing the floor covering (considered wood flooring versus carpet which will cost about $2,500 MORE). The home has a beautiful yard, privacy fencing, 3 BR, 2 Full baths. We may also consider a lease with purchase option. I will discount the lease rate for a 2 or 3 year lease contract.
The OKC property is smaller, a 2 BR with 1 bath, great location (2 blocks from I-44, about 1/2 mile from Penn Square Mall. My wife grew up in this home, inherited it when her mother passed away. It will rent for $685 per month.
I don't know if you have found anything yet, but if not you might be interested in one of these homes, and it could be a good deal for both of us, because these rentals are pretty much all my income since I am my wife's caregiver, and both are nice homes. I try to keep the houses in good repair if anything breaks, plumbing leaks, etc. Thanks, Mac

Old 11-05-2012, 01:36 AM

3 posts, read 2,505 times
B chris, I agree wholeheartedly about your grocery store ratings. We live in Tulsa, but have 3 rentals in the OKC and Edmond areas. One of our Edmond properties is less than a mile from the beautiful Crest Foods store. I wish we had a Crest store in Tulsa because the Edmond store is the best grocery store I've seen in my lifetime. I often shop late at night, even after midnight and the staff are always very helpful as far as finding products in the HUGE store. This store must be around 150,000 square feet, about the size of a Super Wal Mart, and it's ALL Groceries, and what I really like, besides the specials which blow Wal Mart's grocery departments away, is that the quality of the meat and produce are the best you can get, and THE STORE IS OWNED BY A LOCAL FAMILY AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN. Sent you a friend request tonight. If you have any ideas as far as renting out our properties and getting Quality RENTERS, I'm open to suggestion. I've used property managers three times, and all three times were disastrous. A property manager called me to verify that I rented to the 3 brothers who have been in our Edmond house for 3 years weren't even interested to know if they paid rent on time or left the house clean or not They left the house filthy and because my wife is disabled, it put me in a world of hurt because I have to take care of her needs while working on the houses. She grew up in the OKC house near Penn Square and we bought the house in Edmond after we were married for a year and lived there for 7 years. She has dementia and it's really upsetting to her when we go in to one of these houses and she sees that they have not been taken care of. I like to keep the houses in nice shape and keep things repaired. Thanks, Mac PS I just joined this forum tonight, stumbled upon it. I have advertised on Craigslist before, but have had mixed results with renters.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 908 times
Mac Gardner,

My family and I are moving to the area at the end of December. I would love to know some more about your Edmond home. We do have 2 dogs, a Jack Russel and a Black Lab. They are very well behaved and crate trained. We take great pride in our home and our neighborhood. We are also open to lease purchases or longer term leases. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City