Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 AM

31 posts, read 145,982 times

Advertisements

We are moving from CA to OK Nov. 1st. I am trying to find a rental anywhere near OKC/Edmond/Guthrie/Moore/Norman/Mustang/Choctaw, but I am finding out Craigslist has a lot of scams and that is the last thing I need right now. Can you please give me a list of real estate offices that have rentals or property management offices that are reputable? Phone numbers or websites??? I have about 2 weeks to secure something.

Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 11:09 AM

498 posts, read 1,602,633 times
There are several you can try...

Keller Williams
Oklahoma City OK Rentals and Oklahoma City Oklahoma Real Estate | Keller Williams Realty

Churchill Brown
Churchill-Brown | Number 1 Selling Real Estate Office in the Oklahoma City Metro Area

Prudential
Open Houses | Oklahoma City Real Estate | Prudential Alliance Realty

Although I believe Prudential caters more toward home purchasing. A good site you can also visit is Trulia for rentals. Please, please avoid places like Craiglist for stuff like this. It is eBay gone corrupt.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 AM

498 posts, read 1,602,633 times
In addition, since you are relocating to Oklahoma, this information will be helpful...

Motor vehicles - Oklahoma license and registration is handled through local tag agencies. There are dozens of locations throughout the OKC metro area. They are open on Saturdays and it is a one-stop shop for DLs, license plates and voter registration.

Banks - Midfirst, First Fidelity Bank, Bank of Oklahoma, Tinker Federal Credit Union, Legacy Bank

Grocery store chains - Crest Foods****, Buy For Less***, Homeland**, Akin's Natural Foods Market***, Aldi (non rated), Whole Foods****, Sprouts****, Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market***

**** Good
*** Fair
** Mediocre
* Poor
(not rated).. I've never been. I based ratings on cleanliness, presentation, convenience, availability and quality and visited more than one location.

Taxes

Oklahoma state sales tax: 4.5%
Local sales tax - varies by city, ranges from 2% to 5.5%
County sales tax - 2% maximum, Oklahoma County does not have a county sales tax.

Oklahoma City sales tax is 8.325%

Income tax rate is 5.25%

Property tax rate: since you are renting this really won't impact you directly. Property tax on a $150,000 home with a $1,000 standard homestead exemption will be taxed $1,822.49 annually. This is based on Oklahoma City's property tax rate in the Oklahoma City School District. Edmond's rate will be lower, same with Midwest City and Choctaw.

The bulk of property taxes support the school districts in the county. The rest go to pay for county road bonds. Municipal sales taxes are used to fund general city operations such as police and fire. Part of Oklahoma City's sales tax goes to public improvement projects, a portion is strictly dedicated fire & safety, and to fund the Oklahoma City Zoo.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:15 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,736,586 times
I was recently looking for a relative who was considering moving to OKC. I found rentals through either zillow or trulia, can't remember which. I would check both of those websites out.

Also, Chase and Bank of America if you use a nationwide bank.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 PM

101 posts, read 260,651 times
Rental Listings

I've been looking at a lot of rental homes in Norman. These folks have the nicest I've seen by far. The homes and neighbors are much nicer than the typical student rentals in town.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:14 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,139,365 times
REad some of the other Ok threads...I've seen some give good descriptions of the quality of the various OK communities. Also, City Data homepage(top thread of all lists) is wonderful for looking up facts about towns.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:16 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,209,197 times
Okc pulse forgot to mention that you will have to bring a copy of your birth certificate with you to change your DL. Other than that, I'd recommend staying away from the area around Tinker, as a general rule since you aren't bothering to research the OKC metro area well.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:58 PM

Thank you so much for your replies!!! And thank you OKCPulse for the extra info!!!! I was just looking online for banks in the area before I read your post. That is very helpful!! Thanks again everyone!! We are very excited to be moving to OK and our friends are jealous

Old 10-12-2012, 05:57 PM

From what I have been reading, I am staying away from the East side of OKC including Midwest City and Del City. We are looking more in the Edmond area and north up to Guthrie, but are open to Norman, Moore and the West side and Yukon. I have been trying to do as much research as possible. Thank you again for your help!!

Old 10-12-2012, 11:28 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,213,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrah View Post
From what I have been reading, I am staying away from the East side of OKC including Midwest City and Del City. We are looking more in the Edmond area and north up to Guthrie, but are open to Norman, Moore and the West side and Yukon. I have been trying to do as much research as possible. Thank you again for your help!!
You might consider the area known as west Moore, which is really SW OKC. It's the area south of I-240 and west of I-35. In my opinion, its one of the best areas in the metro. Edmond and far NW OKC are good choices as well. In NW OKC, your best bet is to stay west of Hefner Pkwy and north of NW Expressway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City