Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2007, 10:42 PM

4 posts, read 19,138 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am planning to move to Oklahoma City, (Office ZIP: 73105). Currently living in LA, California
I need some help. I want to know
-> the availability of Indian Groceries, community, Neighborhood, temples etc around the above zip code.
-> rent for 2bedroom apartment
-> whether conditions around the year etc.
Any help appreciated
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 12:40 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,597 times
Oklahoma City, OK Businesses, Services and Professionals from 73105.com.
hope this can help..good luck

Old 10-14-2007, 06:39 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
I am assuming you mean Hindu Temples. Here is a link below that describes the OKC Hindu Temple. It would be within easy driving distance from your office area.

Hindu Temple of Oklahoma City, Home Page

I don't know if there is an Indian neighborhood. Here is the closest grocery store I can find. Spices of India

There are some fairly nice apartments near that grocery store. My son used to live in one of them, and the rents were reasonable.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:15 PM

Hi Thank you so much for your response

two more questions.
1. how much is going to be for an auto insurance (camry car 2003 model) and health insurance (family with 1 kid)?

2. how is the whether compared to CA? (my son is just 1 year old, so thinking it this good idea to move there or not)

Thanks
Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
I am assuming you mean Hindu Temples. Here is a link below that describes the OKC Hindu Temple. It would be within easy driving distance from your office area.

Hindu Temple of Oklahoma City, Home Page

I don't know if there is an Indian neighborhood. Here is the closest grocery store I can find. Spices of India

There are some fairly nice apartments near that grocery store. My son used to live in one of them, and the rents were reasonable.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:27 PM

35 posts, read 156,199 times
Hi Ram!
This link is about insurance. This might give you an idea.
Oklahoma City car insurance Oklahoma
In Oklahoma, we diffently have 4 seasons! It can get HOT in the summer and COLD in the winter! And, it's windy here too (not all days, but some of the days.) It does snow & ice here, and rains - this year we had a very rain-y season. This a link that will show our 7 day forecast...
Oklahoma City Weather, Oklahoma Weather, Forecast & Weather Maps - KOCO Oklahoma City's Channel 5

Good luck with your move!

Shari

Old 10-14-2007, 09:45 PM

Thank you for detailed information

Quote:
Originally Posted by shariok View Post
Hi Ram!
This link is about insurance. This might give you an idea.
Oklahoma City car insurance Oklahoma
In Oklahoma, we diffently have 4 seasons! It can get HOT in the summer and COLD in the winter! And, it's windy here too (not all days, but some of the days.) It does snow & ice here, and rains - this year we had a very rain-y season. This a link that will show our 7 day forecast...
Oklahoma City Weather, Oklahoma Weather, Forecast & Weather Maps - KOCO Oklahoma City's Channel 5

Good luck with your move!

Shari

Old 10-15-2007, 07:56 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
I don't how Oklahoma and California compare as far as health insurance costs. If you don't have health insurance through your employer, it will be expensive anywhere!

I have heard that car insurance is cheaper in Oklahoma than in California.

You might check on line with Blue Cross Blue Shield for health insurance.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
I don't how Oklahoma and California compare as far as health insurance costs. If you don't have health insurance through your employer, it will be expensive anywhere!

I have heard that car insurance is cheaper in Oklahoma than in California.

You might check on line with Blue Cross Blue Shield for health insurance.
Thanks for the useful information

Old 10-20-2007, 07:47 PM

52,683 posts, read 47,932,189 times
I've got relatives in OKC -- they love the place. You will, too! Always a joy for me whenever I visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
View detailed profiles of: