Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:35 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I realize this is a very old thread....but she doesn't talk about any incident. She only says to read the book.

So now I'm intrigued. What was the incident that caused the restaurant to close? Does anyone really know? I'm curious.
Incident?

Most likely personal/relational stuff or maybe the food was not really good enough to make it in the long haul?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,004 times
Default molly murphys

I have only fun memories of molly murphys, Living out of the metro area it was always a fun place to take family and have lots of fun and enjoy a meal, orders were huge waitstaff were dressed as movie characters.Back then my wife and i were parents of teenagers and always had fun with them and their friends on many occasions, was sorry when closed i would like to find such a fun place today OH THE GOOD OL DAYS OF THE 80S WHEN PARENTS AND THEIR CHILDREN SPENT FUN TIMES TOGETHER.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,981 times
I don't know why it closed, but I do remember it. There was a salad bar built into an antique Chevy Corvette, and the company that my late husband worked for made it.

I remember doing a surprise birthday party for a friend there and we had a great time. Wish it could be brought back.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,786 times
Hi,my name is Keith Russell and I live in N.Y. I had the privilege of dining at Molly Murphys in 1985 with my parents and 8 other friends. We were in Tulsa to bowl in the A.B.C. National bowling tournament and asked the hotel clerk where we were all staying at of a great place to eat. She suggested Molly Murphys, if we wanted a strange and outrageous place to eat. Thats all she said, so we asked here for directions. When we got to Molly Murphys, we were greeted by a teenager dressed as a nurse with a Playskool doctors kit. She said," Welcome to Molly Murphys House of Fine Repute, the most outrageous place you'll ever eat at!" She then lead us in and to our table. I remember garbage can lids on the ceiling and claw hammers used on the partition between booths. On the wall was a real window with an open box of Purina Dog Food with dog nuggets in it! Our waiters name was "Captain Chaos",who was dressed in blue leotards with red shorts and red sneakers and an orange shirt with "Chaos" across the front. He was also wearing a red mask over his eyes. The "nurse" came over to our table and just threw all of our napkins and silverware on the table and said,"Here you go!" We all ordered Long Island ice tea except for my mother and it came in a quart canning jar with straws that were 2 foot long. We then ordered our meals and Captain Chaos said,"Lets see,thats 10 prime rib and 1 chicken without the teriyaki sauce for the grandma in the corner!",refering to my mother. We were all still eating our salads that we got from the hood of an old Duseldorf automobile turned into a salad bar, when they brought out our meals.Captain Chaos asked one of my freind's wife if she was done eating her salad and when she said "no", he said,"You are now" and took away her half eaten salad!My mother didn't want him to take hers so she hid hers away from Captain Chaos,so he sits down next to her, starts cutting up her chicken dinner and starts feeding it to everyone at the table! It definetly was a very unique place to eat and have agood time. I will never forget Molly Murphys P.S. Some of the guys at our table took some of the Purina dog chow with them when we left Molly Murphys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City