Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 03:17 AM

317 posts, read 840,199 times

Advertisements

I've lived in norman pretty much all my life, so I'm familiar with most of the apartments in the area near campus. However, I'm looking for something that is 'nicer,' whether it be in okc, moore, norman, or edmond.

My number one priority will be safety. By that, I mean a female (not me) who comes to the U.S for the first time and be home alone can feel comfortable. Not a lot of crime record will be a plus. Friendly staff, bright, well maintained, and maybe family oriented neighbors will be good too. Not too many shady looking people living around.

It doesn't have to be luxury, but just something that has decent quality (no rotten staircases, etc etc).

Right now, I'm pretty much open to all of norman and OKC metro area. As I a coming back from abroad, I'm flexible in the location. the plan is to find a job around there.

No need to worry about lifestyle or amenities yet. I'm more focused on the rent.

As for rent, I'm not sure how much "nice" costs these days, but I'm curious to see what up to 900 per month can get me.

size wise, at least 500 sqfeet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 11:19 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
You'll want to look at the new complexes that are going up north of Memorial Road and from N. Rockwell up to May Ave. There are a number of new complexes in those areas that will be nice for a few years.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:10 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
20 years or so ago, I returned from Europe and rented a one bedroom unfurnished apt at Chevy Chase... seems like it was off Portland and N. 50th. It is probably ratty by now, but, I notice the rent is very decent. I was never afraid. It was a short walk from my car to my door. Of course, the newer complexes are much nicer, but, the rent will reflect that as well. I'm only mentioning CC as an alternate. Their website cites sq footage plus rent.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:53 PM

778 posts, read 2,321,803 times
Some of the complexes north of Quail Springs are pretty nice. At 900/month, you could probably get a smaller unit towards downtown as well.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:36 AM

15 posts, read 27,626 times
We are living in an apartment while we're waiting for our house to be built. The only two places I would consider in Edmond based on your criteria are Legend V & The Greens at Coffee Creek. Both have waiting lists and are difficult to get into for a reason.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 AM

43 posts, read 139,754 times
I've been living at Waters Edge Apartments off Meridian for nearly a month and love it. It's not right on the street. It's back a short lane. There are two ponds on the grounds, two swimming pools, tennis courts, volley ball court, and a fitness room. And it's QUIET. Here's their website. WatersEdge Apartments Apartment Rentals[id]/21810/

Old 10-27-2013, 11:13 AM

9 posts, read 13,670 times
Anything built by "Case and Associates" is top of the line. You can't go wrong with Case apartment buildings. They also have excellent management and service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City