Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 06:58 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,041,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
I think that it is we who should be worried, the "live and let live" has not worked out very well with this new religion from the other side of the planet. Guess we just continue to need more "education" on the subject to understand better.
Moderator cut: snip

I am going to suppose when you say religion from the other side of the planet as Islam. I have strong reservations to such a statement since Muslims are dispersed around the world. And most Muslims DO NOT live in the Middle East. Anyways, that is neither here nor there. When exactly have you left Muslim countries alone? Why don't you open a history book up and read up why these people have grievances. It's funny when I hear people upset about the ME when they fail to realize how that whole situation came about!

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-11-2014 at 09:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 08:15 AM

374 posts, read 804,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
You should look up the Islamic Golden Age especially Al-Andalus in Spain. While you guys were killing each other stuck in the dark ages, the Muslims were building intellectual and cosmopolitan cities. Muslims sent emissaries all around the world to bring books in and preserve them. Science flourished and many advancements were made by the Muslims. The most amazing thing was that everyone co existed.

So it's not Islam that is the problem, it's people that are the problem and more specifically literacy rates. Some blame the Mongol invasion and sacking of Baghdad for the decline of Muslims.
This guy is a prime example of how many on the left celebrate Islam yet demonize Christianity.

It's pretty clear why they do it. They know that Islam will rival a religion they have grown up hating. Therefore, they would be just fine with flooding the United States with Islam just to stick it to the Christian right in America. The guilty left has already done this in Michigan and the few outnumbered liberals around the Tulsa area would love for that to happen in our state.

They will make their excuses and lecture us on tolerance and the Constitution, but their real hope is to wipe out Christianity.

It's a pretty foolish way of thinking considering which religion is the true oppressor. Nevertheless, liberals can't see that far ahead. They are ruled by what feels good to them "right now."

Old 04-11-2014, 08:34 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,041,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspecial View Post
This guy is a prime example of how many on the left celebrate Islam yet demonize Christianity.

It's pretty clear why they do it. They know that Islam will rival a religion they have grown up hating. Therefore, they would be just fine with flooding the United States with Islam just to stick it to the Christian right in America. The guilty left has already done this in Michigan and the few outnumbered liberals around the Tulsa area would love for that to happen in our state.

They will make their excuses and lecture us on tolerance and the Constitution, but their real hope is to wipe out Christianity.

It's a pretty foolish way of thinking considering which religion is the true oppressor. Nevertheless, liberals can't see that far ahead. They are ruled by what feels good to them "right now."
I am not on the left end of the spectrum so your whole hypothesis gets thrown out the window. Nice try though buddy, besides the point you are trying to make doesn't make sense anyway. By the way Muslims generally voted Republican prior to the 2nd Bush term.

As going back to the OP I would suggest you look in places on the Northeast instead of Midwest!

Old 04-11-2014, 08:39 AM

641 posts, read 1,069,846 times
I took the same college courses as Hooplaman, I know the academic history, I know about the religion itself, I know the 20th century political history, I am able to compare and contrast, and I can recognize propaganda. We both have the same facts, but we have interpreted this information very differently. I don't expect that I will be able to change his mind, and it is not enough of a gain for me to attempt the effort anyway.

I suppose that I could afford to lay out what my precise opinion is, in case he is actually interested, but I am running out of time and need to head on my way.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:46 PM

5,544 posts, read 9,479,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Since you asked the question in another thread, are the responses not helping? Are you hoping for something negative or what? Just asking...
Yeh, sounds like he's stirring up that hornets nest.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
Muslims in Oklahoma have it a lot easier than Jews and Christians living in Iran and Pakistan for example. Westerners on average are more tolerant of different cultures. Muslim people on average are not very tolerant of people who are culturally different from them.
Truth! Don't tell the CNN blowhards though. They'll call you bigoted.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:15 PM

374 posts, read 804,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Truth! Don't tell the CNN blowhards though. They'll call you bigoted.
CAIR just had a movie banned from an American University.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:12 AM

43 posts, read 70,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
You should look up the Islamic Golden Age especially Al-Andalus in Spain. While you guys were killing each other stuck in the dark ages, the Muslims were building intellectual and cosmopolitan cities. Muslims sent emissaries all around the world to bring books in and preserve them. Science flourished and many advancements were made by the Muslims. The most amazing thing was that everyone co existed.

So it's not Islam that is the problem, it's people that are the problem and more specifically literacy rates. Some blame the Mongol invasion and sacking of Baghdad for the decline of Muslims.
All that matters is how the Christian community conducts itself in modern times. History is history iirc

Old 04-14-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspecial View Post
CAIR just had a movie banned from an American University.
Yeh, great organization. *sarcasm*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City