Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 08:19 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,330,656 times

Advertisements

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/colleges/articles/1218ousnub.html (broken link)

I don't normally participate in sports threads because we don't follow them and unlike most of the country, we're not really interested in sports. BUT I noticed this in an Az. newspaper this morning. I found it interesting that some of the people there actually seem to like OU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 08:54 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,804,890 times
OU has a pretty big following nationwide and they've been in the Fiesta Bowl a few times in the last 7 years. Jammie, is today the day you have surgery? Good luck my friend, but you won't need it!

Old 12-19-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
OU has a pretty big following nationwide and they've been in the Fiesta Bowl a few times in the last 7 years. Jammie, is today the day you have surgery? Good luck my friend, but you won't need it!
Synopsis, I had surgery Mon. morning at 6 am. They dismissed me at 6 am Tues. morning. The only problem I had was I guess I should've let the anesthisiologist know that I have motion sickness. My first few walks down the hall didn't go well. EWWWW, you can't imagine what bile and other bodily things taste like when they come up. But since my tummy was empty cause they starved me, that was all that was left.

Everything went super well and we made it home by 9 am yesterday. My leg pain, foot pain, left buttock pain~all gone. No pain killers or anything, just anti-inflammatories. My only "owee" spot right now is in my back where they did the surgery. I'm up and moving quite well. The only thing is I may be out of work for 6 weeks, but it's ok. I'll still have about 60 days of sick leave left when this is all done and over.

I just love these newer, easier forms of surgery. Nine years ago this month I had two neck fusions and suffered for 11 days before the emergency surgery. I was so drugged up and that gave me a lot of problems. This time I went in drug free and things went so well. Maneuvering around is a bit awkward yet, but I'll be fine in a couple of weeks. Thank you for asking.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:02 AM

Glad to hear that you are doing well! Getting sick is NO fun, even with an empty stomach. Yuk. Wow, you must be a seriously hard worker with all of that sick time saved up. All is well though, and that's what matters.. Here's to your recovery!

Old 12-19-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Glad to hear that you are doing well! Getting sick is NO fun, even with an empty stomach. Yuk. Wow, you must be a seriously hard worker with all of that sick time saved up. All is well though, and that's what matters.. Here's to your recovery!
Thank you!!! We can all have a glass of wine now to celebrate my recovery. Oh, yea I forgot that I don't drink. Oh well, everyone else can have one for me.

Yea, I don't skip work a lot. This is my fourth surgery in a lifetime and they were all since I've been with my current employer. I generally go back to work part time a few weeks early if the Dr. approves it. I don't stay home for minor things and all I generally get is a stomach virus once a year. They give us 13 days a year for sick time and it adds up quickly if you only miss a day or two a year.

I will definitely be staying home for two full weeks though. I can't drive and I'm not even supposed to ride in a car so I'll keep that pretty limited, too. I figured by week three or four I'd call the neurosurgeon to see about light duty for half days or something. Life would get pretty boring without working.

Last edited by Jammie; 12-19-2007 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 12-19-2007, 06:10 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,584,913 times
Jammie, I didn't know you were having surgery, but I'm sure glad everything went well. Get well soon!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Jammie, I didn't know you were having surgery, but I'm sure glad everything went well. Get well soon!
Thank you. Yes, I've had problems for over a month now. Nine years ago I had cervical spine (Neck) surgery. I had two herniations and one protrusion. So they fixed the herniations. They like to do as little as possible because of pressure being put onto the remaining discs. Also, you can lose so much mobility and it took me years of exercise to be able to turn my neck normally.

This time I had two protrusions and one herniation. They fixed that by going in from the back. So much less evasive then the frontal surgeries. I was only in the Surgical clinic for 26 hours, actually dismissed in 24 hours. It was a long ride home cause we have to go to Sx. Falls to have neuro surgery. All I have is a back brace and anti-inflammatories, which are nauseating me already. Last time I was so drugged up, I had to lie there from Sat. afternoon when the ambulance took me over until Tues. evening to have surgery.

All my pain is gone now. Just a bruised feeling for my leg and foot and a bit of pain in my back where they went in to grow some bone and cage it. I'm not able to do a lot yet, but I'm walking around pretty well now. Rough getting in and out of vehicles, but I'm not supposed to be even riding around for two weeks. But of course, there will be a couple of exceptions. I'm just being very careful and won't be working for nearly 6 weeks. I'm almost feeling well enough to go back soon though. Some of those neurosurgeons can work miracles. We also have excellent surgeons in our town. Remember when they started doing the laproscopic surgeries? It was discovered by a surgeon in Yankton who was friends with the surgeons up here. He personally taught them how to do laproscopic surgery. For being considered sort of a backward state, we do have excellent medical care here. Right now my only goal is to start walking a bit faster and getting around a bit better by myself. AND losing the rest of that fluid that they so joyfully give you so you inflate like a cow. LOL

OOPS, guess I'm a bit off topic, aren't I?

Old 12-19-2007, 08:09 PM

You take very good care of yourself Jammie. We not only like your presence on this forum, but in the here and now. Kind, good people like you are few and far between (not on this forum, but in real life!)...

Old 12-19-2007, 08:50 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,584,913 times
I would just use up some of your sick leave and take care of yourself and let yourself heal completely. I'm glad you have good medical care in SD, but I am not surprised. I don't see OK or SD as being backward, we are just different than other areas. We have a surprising to outsiders medical community in OK that have made advances too. I will have to look some things up.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:12 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,739,762 times
Jammie get to feeling better! Only the best. HT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City