Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 06:33 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,184,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8tiv_okie View Post
I think Ponca City has the first house in the world with central air conditioning...if memory serves me correctly.
More useless trivia like the fact that OKC was the first city to install parking meters.
;P
The shopping cart was invented here as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 05:33 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,597 times
Founders Tower with revolving restaurant on top. Now called The 360 condos. The building recently got a nice new sleek facade (silver blue). This is an old pic.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:12 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
That's just a very beautiful building. What kind of architecture would you consider that? Art Deco? Of a sort, but I don't know. I am so glad they are renovating this. I wish it was in downtown OkC.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:55 PM

Ya...There are a few buildings along the business corridor that would be nice to have instead of the AT&T building or the BOk building. I dont know what kind of architecture it is...Maybe a really nice example of international? The building actually looks a lot nicer because they put in all new glass panes with a different color for insulation ect. for condos. It resulted in a silvery blue that makes a nice reflection. If you look at the structure there must have been a ton of new glass installed. I will try to post a new pic sometime.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:06 AM

You can kinda see some of the new panes of glass in the very bottom right hand corner of the tower. It looks so much better now. Once it is finally complete I will take a pic. As you can imagine it has really nice condos all with balconys.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:57 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
You can kinda see some of the new panes of glass in the very bottom right hand corner of the tower. It looks so much better now. Once it is finally complete I will take a pic. As you can imagine it has really nice condos all with balconys.
It will look super-nice when they finish with the glass. I already like the look of the building anyway. Thanks for the pics HT.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 08-23-2009 at 05:25 PM..

Old 02-21-2008, 04:49 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
Here's a shot of the OKC skyline, with the Oklahoma River in the foreground:

Old 02-21-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Here's a shot of the OKC skyline, with the Oklahoma River in the foreground:
Look at that darn river all pretty and blue. I cant imagine what it will be like even in 5 yrs. Heck just 5yrs ago it had to be mowed. Nice pic Peggy. The dams along the river are very interesting. Going along I-35 you can see the bridges all lit by LEDs...Design by Rand Elliott. Oklahomas most famous architect by far. We are lucky to have such a talent in design/art/architecture.
IMO...Knowing design pretty well the Chase tower is rather powerful and bold. Not everthing has to be white to look cool.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 08-23-2009 at 05:24 PM..

Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,184,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Look at that darn river all pretty and blue. I cant imagine what it will be like even in 5 yrs. Heck just 5yrs ago it had to be mowed. Nice pic Peggy. The dams along the river are very interesting. Going along I-35 you can see the bridges all lit by LEDs...Design by Rand Elliott. Oklahomas most famous architect by far. We are lucky to have such a talent in design/art/architecture.
IMO...Knowing design pretty well the Chase tower is rather powerful and bold. Not everthing has to be white to look cool.
Yes, I remember when that river was nothing more than sand. Typical Oklahoma stereotype, this city has come so far in the time I've lived here (my life.)

Old 02-22-2008, 08:28 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
After the trees that have been planted along the river have a chance to grow, the area will be prettier.

The dams don't get much mention when we talk about the Maps projects. They have really iimproved the look of things downtown too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City