Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 10:07 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,828,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1026 View Post
I have some more here: Artsy - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nat_1026/sets/72157601836220170/ - broken link)

Most are of downtown OKC, some are from Robber's Cave State Park, and a few random ones from vacations. Enjoy!
Beautiful! Thank-you for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 01:14 AM

1 posts, read 5,633 times
Hi ! I am new to this site . I joined hoping to maybe find information about Central High School . My Mother who recently passed away went to school there . I recall when I was a kid looking at pictures of her in plays & singing on the radio in her High School Year Books . She loved her Birthplace , OKC , & her school . She went to all the football games , basketball & she just loved her school . Her Yearbooks were her biggest treasures .She was so proud of her accomplishments . And due to powers beyond any of our families control , these precious heirlooms were destroyed by a very vicious person. And I am searching all over to see if I can recover any photocopies or anything about my Mom . I've been looking at the wonderful pictures & a few things I remember. We had moved back there after I was born. My younger sis was born there. It brings a lot of memories flooding back . My Mom went there during 1955-1957 or so . Her name was Martha Bristow, but everybody called her Susie. She was in the Drama Club & other stuff too . I f you can help me, Pleaase

Old 06-02-2008, 12:34 AM

7 posts, read 30,284 times
Hi everyone! This is my first time on this forum, actually my first time on any forum so I'm not sure how to do this. :-) I have enjoyed looking at the pics of OKC. The architecture of the old buildings is absolutely stunning. Does anyone have a pic of the Sieber Hotel? Robert Sieber was my great-uncle and I would like to know more about the hotel and its renovation.

My mother was born and raised in OKC but I have never been there. I have been in Oregon most of my life. I hope to see your beautiful city this year if I can make it to the Sieber cousin reunion, but with the gas prices and everything else getting more expensive......who knows.

If anyone has pics of The Sieber, I would love to hear from you.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:20 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1026 View Post
I have some more here: Artsy - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nat_1026/sets/72157601836220170/ - broken link)

Most are of downtown OKC, some are from Robber's Cave State Park, and a few random ones from vacations. Enjoy!
Beautiful pictures.. You're a really good photographer!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:25 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,757,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharBon319 View Post
Hi everyone! This is my first time on this forum, actually my first time on any forum so I'm not sure how to do this. :-) I have enjoyed looking at the pics of OKC. The architecture of the old buildings is absolutely stunning. Does anyone have a pic of the Sieber Hotel? Robert Sieber was my great-uncle and I would like to know more about the hotel and its renovation.

My mother was born and raised in OKC but I have never been there. I have been in Oregon most of my life. I hope to see your beautiful city this year if I can make it to the Sieber cousin reunion, but with the gas prices and everything else getting more expensive......who knows.

If anyone has pics of The Sieber, I would love to hear from you.
Here is what happened to the Sieber.... It has been renovated like many buildings in Midtown. I couldnt find a new pic, but it looks the same except it has been all shined up/returned to its former glory.

Here was the grand opening description. I couldnt get the link.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
- Location -
Seiber Hotel
1311 N. Hudson
Lobby
Oklahoma City, OK 73103

YLG Oklahoma presents a tour of
The Seiber Hotel: A New Face for the 21st Century
February 21, 2008
5:30 PM Tour of Seiber Hotel
6:15 PM Mixer at 1492

Be among the first to see the transformation of the 1920’s Seiber Grocery and Apartment Hotel to a 21st Century Urban Center.
The Seiber Hotel was constructed in 1928 and the adjacent two story building was constructed in 1924.

The current renovation will result in:

38 apartment units ranging from 789 sf to 1,401 sf
4,400 sf of commercial space on the first level
The upscale units will feature:

Hardwood floors
Granite countertops
Stainless steel appliances
Planning for the renovation began in 2000 with construction commencing in 2006. The multi-source financing had a significant impact on the construction timeline.

Sources of financing include:

$4 Million - FHA insured mortgage
$1.5 Million - No interest loan from the City of Oklahoma City (Murrah Revitalization District Revolving Loan Program)
$3.2 Million – Historic Tax Credits
Occupancy is targeted for March, 2008

Players:
Owner/developer
Seiber Holdings, LLC – Marva Ellard
Contractor
J.L. Walker Construction, Inc.
Design Architects
Allen Brown, original architect
Larry Kester Architects Collective

Great link to show you the renaissance of Midtown.
Banta Development Corporation
Press take a tour. I think it might have the Seiber in the tour.

If I take a pic I will post. Thanks to all that have posted pics here. Its the picture thread for OKC and its nice to see any contribution.

Last edited by happytown; 06-02-2008 at 11:48 AM..

Old 06-02-2008, 01:36 PM

41 posts, read 180,348 times
I went to Bricktown Friday night to see The Strangers, which by the way was great, and I decided to take some pictures of Lower Bricktown and Bricktown Proper. Bricktown was packed. It was a great night. Too bad most of my pictures didn't capture that, but here it goes anyways

Lower Bricktown

Bricktown

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 08-23-2009 at 05:16 PM..

Old 06-02-2008, 04:30 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,619,497 times
Very nice pictures, 2010grad. I like the way you captured all the activity throughout the evening in Bricktown.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:38 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010grad View Post
I went to Bricktown Friday night to see The Strangers, which by the way was great, and I decided to take some pictures of Lower Bricktown and Bricktown Proper. Bricktown was packed. It was a great night. Too bad most of my pictures didn't capture that, but here it goes anyways
A beautiful job of capturing the beauty of Bricktown. The area really is very pretty and such a great asset to the city. Reps to you for taking the time to take these photos and to post them! Thanks 2010 grad; wonderful job!

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 08-23-2009 at 05:13 PM..

Old 06-02-2008, 07:52 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Sonopsis, aren't you the one that suggested removing the pictures when quoting someone? Maybe it was someone else.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:35 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,784 times
Great pics! I think the next time we go to Bricktown, we'll go at night. It was really too hot during the day. It really is a beautiful place, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City