U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 01-06-2008, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,879 posts, read 24,976,818 times
Reputation: 5383
You can't go wrong with either camera. I used to be a Nikon person back when digital cameras didn't exist. They are great cameras, but I have to admit Canon makes some very, very nice cameras and to my untrained eye I could probably not tell the difference between the two. I own a cheap canon digital (a540) and I love that little camera. I have come nowhere near learning the humongous features that it comes equipped with. HT, believe in yourself; it will come true - with perseverance and commitment to the arts you'll live your dream eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2008, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Wind comes sweeping down the...
1,591 posts, read 4,521,743 times
Reputation: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
You can't go wrong with either camera. I used to be a Nikon person back when digital cameras didn't exist. They are great cameras, but I have to admit Canon makes some very, very nice cameras and to my untrained eye I could probably not tell the difference between the two. I own a cheap canon digital (a540) and I love that little camera. I have come nowhere near learning the humongous features that it comes equipped with.
I know...Olympus was one of the better camera companies 10 years ago. If you look at some of the better cameras then Sony actually has a pretty high rating. I believe that Nikon and Canon would still be my choice...But if I were to choose between the two it would have to be a Canon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2008, 12:13 PM
 
41 posts, read 114,708 times
Reputation: 69
Wow. Happytown I would never have guessed...
No.. Prolly I would have given the excellent pictures u take.

But I'm sure one day if u keep working hard you'll get that solo show of urs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2008, 12:20 PM
 
Location: Wind comes sweeping down the...
1,591 posts, read 4,521,743 times
Reputation: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010grad View Post
Wow. Happytown I would never have guessed...
No.. Prolly I would have given the excellent pictures u take.

But I'm sure one day if u keep working hard you'll get that solo show of urs.
It takes more than just having a body of work...More like talking to people and finding a place to show, then sending out invites and posting in the Gazette ect. "A great lazy artist is a no good artist".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2008, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Hughes County, Oklahoma
3,160 posts, read 7,304,973 times
Reputation: 1059
Your artistic nature comes through in your photos, HT. Have you been in the Arts Festival held in April of each year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2008, 06:43 AM
 
Location: In My Own Little World. . .
3,238 posts, read 5,688,629 times
Reputation: 1557
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Your artistic nature comes through in your photos, HT. Have you been in the Arts Festival held in April of each year?
Where and what is the Arts Festival in April?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2008, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Hughes County, Oklahoma
3,160 posts, read 7,304,973 times
Reputation: 1059
That is a big deal every year downtown. The center of activities is around the Botanical Gardens. In fact, I went to one of the first festivals, in 1969, when they had it near the Civic Center. I still always have a great time when I go to the Festival.

Fun in the sun, or rain, music, art, & food. You should be here in time to go this year.

[SIZE=-1]Festival of the Arts[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2008, 12:06 PM
 
Location: In My Own Little World. . .
3,238 posts, read 5,688,629 times
Reputation: 1557
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
That is a big deal every year downtown. The center of activities is around the Botanical Gardens. In fact, I went to one of the first festivals, in 1969, when they had it near the Civic Center. I still always have a great time when I go to the Festival.

Fun in the sun, or rain, music, art, & food. You should be here in time to go this year.

[SIZE=-1]Festival of the Arts[/SIZE]
Looks good. I'll be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2008, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Wind comes sweeping down the...
1,591 posts, read 4,521,743 times
Reputation: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Your artistic nature comes through in your photos, HT. Have you been in the Arts Festival held in April of each year?
Hey peggy, I dont participate in the festival of arts because it is typically for artists that are in it to sell their art. They usually have lots and lots of work to sell that has a typical theme. I go in many different directions...But who knows as I become older I most likely will try to be more involved and create a larger amount of work. HT

Colleen...The festival of arts in OKC draws HUGE numbers and I believe its one of the top if not the top largest art festivals in the country; also one of the best environments. Its next to Myriad gardens in Downtown which makes for an incredible venue. Check out the food...Strawberry Newport/Indian Taco have been favs for locals for twenty or more years! Im sure Peggy has at least tried both of them!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2008, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Hughes County, Oklahoma
3,160 posts, read 7,304,973 times
Reputation: 1059
I have had both: YUM. The hardest thing about the festival is deciding what to eat. There is an incredible variety of food. It is a culinary arts festival also.

I like just wandering around and experiencing the musical performers by chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top