Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 06:17 PM

171 posts, read 188,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Sounds like people didn't treat you very well. Gosh I wonder why?

Simple, Oklahomans can be A-H*LE JERKS !!! I have heard this from other Oklahoman's and outsiders like me. One guy told me once, there is NO southern hospitality in Oklahoma" and he WAS from Oklahoma !!!

As I said before, In Oklahoma if you don't care about College Sports, "Hunt" or go to Church you might aswell be a "Ghost" in that state Even WORSE if you're a ethnic minority from a liberal major city.

Maybe, if you (Okies) changed your "Small town"/ULTRA conservative religious mentalities, People from other parts of the country/world might have a different view/experiences of things in Oklahoma and POSSIBLY in 20-50 years it could be a more inviting open city to live/Visit lol

Anyways, I'm done was this. It's starting to go in the direction of beating a "Dead horse with a stick".

As the rest of the USA see's it, Oklahoma is a JOKE and a DEAD END, FLY OVER, CONSERVATIVE STATE

I'm back home in Chicago, Don't care anymore about what happens in Oklahoma. Just a BAD life experience and "Fun" stories to tell when I'm at social gatherings with LOTS of Alcohol !!

Time to move on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 09:01 PM

793 posts, read 1,098,952 times
I don't much care for college sports, don't hunt, not conservative, nor go to church, am a minority, and I love living in Oklahoma! And I'm enjoying my time living in OKC as I enter my 3rd year. Very nice and accepting people.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:39 PM

241 posts, read 429,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodude84 View Post
LMAO off your meds bud ??, I just have 1 account, 1 ACCOUNT !!! . Let me ask you this, are you a minority or Caucasian?? If no, Have you EVER dealt with racism ?? Have you lived in OKC area for more than a year ??

If you can't answer yes to ANY of those questions, then you are the MORON !!

Everyone has a different experience living ANYWHERE in the US or in the world I'm just sharing MY personal experience and views of Oklahoma, THAT'S ALL !! As most people in that dump of state don't like to talk about, ("Sweeps the dirt under the rug") and put a nice flower pot over it

Just like you I have lived in SF, Seattle, Chicago. ALL those cities have there issues, But NONE compare to the "STOOPID" B.S I saw and dealt with in Oklahoma !!! It takes the CAKE in B.S !!!

My point and goal is to HELP people not make the same mistake of living in Oklahoma like I did.
NO human being should go through the same horrors I did "prison sentence" of living Oklahoma
Dude there is something wrong with you.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:31 AM

23,877 posts, read 10,251,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
You hit the nail on the head.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:29 PM

Keep drinking the "Kool Aid" OKIES LMAO

Keep voting the SAME religious, nutjob inbreds for lawmakers/Governors and NOTHING is gonna change !!! OKC will forever be just a JOKE, 3rd tier city to the rest of the country, Only known for Tornados and the Thunder, Well maybe not the Thunder once Westbrook pulls a K.D and splits town LMAO !!!

And THIS B.S is the reason why Oklahoma will NEVER EVER come close to becoming Austin or ANY type of progressive city !!!!!!!!!
http://kfor.com/2017/08/12/cleveland...g-controversy/

Last edited by chicagodude84; 08-13-2017 at 10:18 PM..

Old 08-13-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:

Don't judge a man until you have walked in his shoes

Once again DUDE, I made it clear >MY PERSONAL< experience was not positive in Oklahoma, Everywhere else I have lived in the US was just fine !!!

Old 08-14-2017, 12:19 AM

793 posts, read 1,098,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodude84 View Post
Keep drinking the "Kool Aid" OKIES LMAO

Keep voting the SAME religious, nutjob inbreds for lawmakers/Governors and NOTHING is gonna change !!! OKC will forever be just a JOKE, 3rd tier city to the rest of the country, Only known for Tornados and the Thunder, Well maybe not the Thunder once Westbrook pulls a K.D and splits town LMAO !!!

And THIS B.S is the reason why Oklahoma will NEVER EVER come close to becoming Austin or ANY type of progressive city !!!!!!!!!
Cleveland County reserve deputy’s Facebook post about LGBTQ community causing controversy | KFOR.com
Oklahoma is not unique in the aspect of officials causing uproar. And the deputy in question isn't even from OKC, nor does he work for the city or county. Completely irrelevant to even post that link.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:59 AM

17,607 posts, read 13,425,275 times
Quote:
It's called 'having a chip on your shoulder'.

Generally, when you come to a place with one of those the reaction is not good.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:01 AM

23,877 posts, read 10,251,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's called 'having a chip on your shoulder'.

Generally, when you come to a place with one of those the reaction is not good.
Chip? More like a quarry.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:09 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,733,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
Oklahoma is not unique in the aspect of officials causing uproar. And the deputy in question isn't even from OKC, nor does he work for the city or county. Completely irrelevant to even post that link.
I know Oklahoma doesn't have a monopoly on bigotry. Roy Moore, Alabama senate candidate, said this weekend that gay marriage was the greatest evil in American history. However, I was highly saddened at the comments on the KFOR Facebook page in response to that article. Nearly everyone was supporting the deputy and nobody was condemning him. While I support his freedom of speech, public officials should be held accountable for what they say and I believe what he said was way out of line. Imagine what would happen (it never would in Oklahoma but imagine anyways) if there was a public elected official that went on a tirade about the evils of the Baptist church? All hell would break loose. People who are so quick to call everyone "snowflakes" would become the snowflakes.

Also, Sally Kern said that gay people are worse than terrorists and said that they are like a malignant tumor. She got re-elected several times after that and the only reason she isn't still in the statehouse is the fact she was term limited. She was from OKC, not Moore or anywhere in Cleveland County.

So while Oklahoma doesn't have a monopoly on bigotry, it's a very real problem here. One thing that the most popular cities for young people today have in common is they are very live and let live and socially liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City