Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 11:46 AM

469 posts, read 1,485,136 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I am traveling around the country on a road trip and I am looking to experience the unique things about OKC. I will only be here for 2 days. I was hoping someone would be willing to show me around a bit.

If not can you guys suggest things I should go see/do while I am here. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 02:51 PM

469 posts, read 1,485,136 times
Anybody got suggestions of must see spots?

Old 09-08-2014, 11:12 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesww View Post
Hey guys I am traveling around the country on a road trip and I am looking to experience the unique things about OKC. I will only be here for 2 days. I was hoping someone would be willing to show me around a bit.

Cowboy Hall of Fame.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:18 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Are you a busty blonde female? Otherwise their really isn't much to see. Cowboy Hall of Fame is really about it.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:50 PM

241 posts, read 431,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesww View Post

Just FYI, it might be better if you go to OKCTalk dot com and post there to get a response. People there are more inclined to help you out.

I would suggest these things

OKC Zoo

Cowboy Hall of Fame

Boathouse District

Bricktown and the canal tour

and at night go eat at Vast for a cool nighttime view of the city from above.

Here's a cool website to help you!

Oklahoma City Hotels, Restaurants, Events & Things to Do

Old 09-09-2014, 08:37 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
The memorial re the bombing of the federal building is impressive, although to those who think there's nothing in Oklahoma City probably haven't gone to see it. They probably never leave their home for fear of seeing something they like.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:00 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,192,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
The memorial re the bombing of the federal building is impressive, although to those who think there's nothing in Oklahoma City probably haven't gone to see it. They probably never leave their home for fear of seeing something they like.
What a bizarre statement. Is it worth seeing for its historical value and meaning? Yes. As for the rest...

"...although to those who think there's nothing in Oklahoma City probably haven't gone to see it."
Would that mean residents of Washington spend every weekend at the Vietnam Memorial? Or New Yorkers do the same at the 9/11 Memorial? People of Hiroshima do the same at the Peace Memorial Park? Or the people of Dachau visit their namesake concentration camp all the time? In any place, something that depressing is a once-in-awhile visit.

"They probably never leave their home for fear of seeing something they like."
See above statement. I don't find it enjoyable to wander around where innocent people died. I've been there, but it's not something I'm going to do routinely. I can't say I like it, as in enjoy going, but I understand its history. I just don't know how many local people in any place where such a thing exists would go for its entertainment value.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:57 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
Just FYI, it might be better if you go to OKCTalk dot com and post there to get a response. People there are more inclined to help you out.

I would suggest these things

OKC Zoo

Cowboy Hall of Fame

Boathouse District

Bricktown and the canal tour

and at night go eat at Vast for a cool nighttime view of the city from above.

Here's a cool website to help you!

Oklahoma City Hotels, Restaurants, Events & Things to Do

That sounds like a fun 15 minutes!! The Boathouse District is a joke. Neat to write on paper, all gucchi sounding, utter disappointment in person.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:14 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
What a bizarre statement. Is it worth seeing for its historical value and meaning? Yes. As for the rest...

"...although to those who think there's nothing in Oklahoma City probably haven't gone to see it."
Would that mean residents of Washington spend every weekend at the Vietnam Memorial? Or New Yorkers do the same at the 9/11 Memorial? People of Hiroshima do the same at the Peace Memorial Park? Or the people of Dachau visit their namesake concentration camp all the time? In any place, something that depressing is a once-in-awhile visit.

"They probably never leave their home for fear of seeing something they like."
See above statement. I don't find it enjoyable to wander around where innocent people died. I've been there, but it's not something I'm going to do routinely. I can't say I like it, as in enjoy going, but I understand its history. I just don't know how many local people in any place where such a thing exists would go for its entertainment value.
LOLOL Bizarre? What's bizarre is your reaction to my post. Nothing I wrote can be construed that I said "residents of Washington spend every weekend at the Vietnam Memorial? Such a totally weird thing for you to say that can be taken from my post. ALL THE TIME? Sir, you have serious problems with comprehension. Your post is irrational. Perhaps if you calm down and carefully read and understand what I wrote you could make sense.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:58 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,192,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
LOLOL Bizarre? What's bizarre is your reaction to my post. Nothing I wrote can be construed that I said "residents of Washington spend every weekend at the Vietnam Memorial? Such a totally weird thing for you to say that can be taken from my post. ALL THE TIME? Sir, you have serious problems with comprehension. Your post is irrational. Perhaps if you calm down and carefully read and understand what I wrote you could make sense.
Poor reading comprehension? I will try as much as I can with this format to show you how I read. You wrote: "...although to those who think there's nothing in Oklahoma City probably haven't gone to see it."

"...although to those who think (erudite; condescension; shameless promotion of self-worth)1 there's nothing in Oklahoma City2 (in reference to the city in general, including all infrastructure, venues, entertainment options, etc.) probably haven't gone to see it. (presumptuous and inferring it is something to do regularly in relation to earlier word choice)"3

1 Based on your posting history and attitude toward people who don't share your outlook on Oklahomaa

2 Making no mention of specifics; "nothing" is a generalization in this context and, in relation to the first parenthetical statement, is a continuation of your feelings; also referential to the perception of the relative abundance others enjoyed in their respective hometowns and your dismissal of this notion (see above footnote)b

3Leaving a shadow of a doubt by strategically inserting "probably", though it is in direct conflict to your opening remark in this passage; this also insinuates that it's worth seeing routinely and is a macabre sense of entertainment, as in the second parenthetical statement in that it is something to the relative nothingness of the OKC area and is indeed a valid form of recreation
aSee theoretical concept of the Continuity of Thought
bIn reference to semiotics; see Structuralist and Deconstructionist theories; see writings of Jacques Derrida, Mikhail Bakhtin, Tzvetan Todorov, et. al.

Problems with comprehension, or do you just have problems with writing and self-expression? If that wasn't your intent, that's precisely how it's worded.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City