Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 11:53 AM

241 posts, read 429,745 times

Advertisements

I'll post some pictures from OKCTalk.... this is extremely exciting!

Residential towers proposed by two firms for property south of former Stage Center site | News OK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 11:57 AM

South of Stage Center - OKCTalk

Old 10-06-2014, 12:05 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,230,965 times
Wow, they look great! Good news for Oklahoma City.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:28 PM

Yeah this is pretty awesome. I'm super pumped. We still don't know how tall the Preftakes Block will be(possibly 20-30+ stories), Convention Center Hotel, Cox Convention Center Redevelopment. Exciting times for sure and all of these will be going up at the same time with the street car under construction and the new downtown BLVD will make for some amazing shots of the city undergoing a huge transformation.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:35 PM

Old 10-06-2014, 06:59 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,185,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
I'll post some pictures from OKCTalk.... this is extremely exciting!

Residential towers proposed by two firms for property south of former Stage Center site | News OK
I know it isn't related to this thread, but as a side note you need to be careful promoting that website so much, because it appears to be in direct competition with this one.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:28 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,866,865 times
Congratulations to Oklahoma City ... these buildings are handsome and stately, and in my view a welcome addition to your city. As a person who regularly visits Skyscrapercity.com and Skyscraperpage.com I am always excited to see new proposals and new construction. The architecture is really nice, it reminds me of those elegant symmetrical late Art Deco highrises of late '30's, '40's and '50's. After that it seems all we got were featureless boxes. However, some purists would quibble that these 20, 25, 26 story towers do not qualify to be called "skyscrapers" but whether you call them highrises instead.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
I know it isn't related to this thread, but as a side note you need to be careful promoting that website so much, because it appears to be in direct competition with this one.
Are we not allowed to post links to other development websites? Sorry if that's the case, I wasn't aware.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Congratulations to Oklahoma City ... these buildings are handsome and stately, and in my view a welcome addition to your city. As a person who regularly visits Skyscrapercity.com and Skyscraperpage.com I am always excited to see new proposals and new construction. The architecture is really nice, it reminds me of those elegant symmetrical late Art Deco highrises of late '30's, '40's and '50's. After that it seems all we got were featureless boxes. However, some purists would quibble that these 20, 25, 26 story towers do not qualify to be called "skyscrapers" but whether you call them highrises instead.
Thank you. I do wish they were a bit taller, and I was hesitant to brand them skyscrapers. I really consider anything 25 or below mid-rises, but that's just me. Hopefully we'll get some taller buildings in the future. But I'm excited for them.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:13 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,185,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
Are we not allowed to post links to other development websites? Sorry if that's the case, I wasn't aware.
That site in particular looks to be a direct competitor to this one, because it's for discussion and can drive traffic away from this site. If you do it too much, you could get banned. It's like standing in a McDonald's parking lot with a sign to persuade people to go to Taco Bell instead. You know management would try to get rid of you for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
View detailed profiles of: