Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 08:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Extreme heat May through September didn't happen then or any other time.
It's not my fault, if you didn't live in central and western Oklahoma during the long hot summers of 2011 and 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 06:09 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's not my fault, if you didn't live in central and western Oklahoma during the long hot summers of 2011 and 2012.
My statement about FIVE months in Oklahoma is not about any summer all by itself. My comment has to do with anyone making broad, all encompassing remarks that are not true. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 11-02-2014, 06:45 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Default Oklahoma Has The Ying And The Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3
Extreme heat May through September? Ridiculous. It's such an outlandish statement, it puts your other allegations in question.
Read more: Moving to OKC Feb 1st

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDenver View Post
Really . . . 100 degree days in every month from May to September is not excessive.

Have you checked the U.S. incarceration rates as of late? I suggest you do. Oklahoma is no. 1 for females and No. 5 for males. Remember that botched execution in April. It made world-wide headlines. However, an attorney has filed a lawsuit exposing the name of witch doctor who engaged in the scientific experiment on Clayton Lockett. Next to be exposed will be the 3 spineless cowards who wear black hoods and inject people with drugs.

Profiling . . . don't believe it . . . ask any person of color driving a vehicle with out-of-state plates on I-40 through District 2 (Beckham, Custer, Roger Mills, Ellis, Wa****a). Even former cops in that area have stories concerning the District 2 Drug Task Force and the "traffic stops" made in that area. Just drive in that area and look for the black SUVs on the side of the road and hope you don't get pulled over.

Have heard of Ada, Oklahoma? Remember former DA Bill Petersen? If not, go read John Grishman's Book "The Innocent Man." Talks all about that slob Petersen. You should also read Mark Furhman's book "Death and Justice." The later illustrates the wrongful convictions in Oklahoma. There was also that toilet stool Bob Macy in Oklahoma County who sent numerous innocent people to death row. That was even confirmed by the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals when they vacated several convictions. They also took apart former Oklahoma County Judge Susan Caswell (Emily Dowdy case). She's now a prosecutor down in Norman railroading people into prison . . . along with her sidekick Greg Mashburn. Two more disgraceful individuals.

Oh yeah, those state parks are so beautiful . . . full of beer drinking ex-cons and rednecks like Toby Keith.

I'd slit my wrists before I would live in Oklahoma. It's the most culturally devoid, socially inept state I've ever been in. Only Mississippi has a higher obesity rate. Imagine having to ride a bus through the Sandtown area of OKC looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some smelly obese individual with only 5 teeth in his mouth who can't even fit in his seat, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, and right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing.

But hey . . . . BOONMER SOONER!!!
Oklahoma has some of the most interesting and dynamic people in the USA , what you ran into is just
the flip side to that. I'm an African-American transplant from Oklahoma to California ( 1976 ) who somehow managed to talk himself into moving himself and his wife and children to Oklahoma in (1988 to 1990 ) here are some very interesting 100% true stories that I find " Hilarious and Sad " at the same time.

(1) I had a Sheriff Deputy follow me all the way across An Oklahoma County Once , he jumped right
in behind my car when he saw that Handsome African-American face driving that car with California License Tags on it. I never drove so flawless again in my whole entire life , man I was under every speed limit , complete stopping at each and every stop sign/didn't exercute one California Stop " no
not one " every time that this deputy trying to spook me by speeding up and running up on my rear
bumper ( I Just Chillax On Him ) I was never so glad to Leave Creek County Oklahoma in my life , and
luckily there's wasn't a Deputy Sheriff from the other ( next ) County waiting for me.

(2) A TPD Tulsa Police Cruiser pulled me over once near a shopping center near my apartment building ,
and all of the cashiers that I have been cracking jokes with and shooting the breeze with watched to see that nothing shady went down ( Whites Friendly People ). The officer nabbed me on not having a auto safety sticker because of all of the field interrogations and stops made on me in the past demotrated that I wasn't a out of state student at Tulsa Jr. College ( Stupid Me Was Using The Lower Resident Tuition )lollllllll to leave a little change in my pockets.lol

I had another practice that we had in California of paying 10 Months of your Auto Insurance and Gambling on (2) Months to get away from paying your premiums , well guess what Vegas I Lost
and TPD hit me with a driving without Auto Insurance. I had to make some minor repairs to the car to
obtain the oklahoma safety sticker , paid for the safety sticker , reinstate my AAA auto insurance policy
, pay a court fine for my safety sticker , get Oklahoma Auto Tags and Also An Oklahoma Drivers License at this time all of my money was spent " so me being experienced with California Traffic Court I though that Oklahoma would be similar (NOT) Tulsa OK doesn't have traffic court they mix you in with the real criminals.

I had my day in court after a clean shaven young white man who had defiantly went over to his Girlfriend House after the Presiding Judge had slapped A Restrainting Order on him for Domestic Violent in white men paradise he didn't do a second in the city county jail .This young white man was given the task of doing clerical community service at A Mega Church Deep In South Tulsa. I took my turn before the Black Robe Wonder and asked for community service for my fine for Driving without Auto Insurance The Judge granted me my CS and made a appointment for Me At The Probation Department ( Heavens To Bessy For Auto Insurance Fines ).

Bright and early in the morning I arrive at the Probation Department and they won't see me be it that I am the first one to the office , but Real Criminals after Real Criminal go in before me until they get around to little nobody me Auto Insurance Fine. After I sign a whole bunch of paper work they schedule me to work for the Elite Tulsa Streets Department which to those in the know is bound to be some of the most Mind Numbing And Mind Bending Work Known To Mankind.

Lo and Behold my Tulsa Jr. College Business Management Mid Term is on the same day as my CS with the TSD. You know the drill I take the college Mid Term and make a (B) on it , picks it up to
take to court on THURSDAY and they won't see me schedule me for FRIDAY I stand before the Black Robe Wonder and he sent me to the City/County Jail on Friday can't Bail Out After Hours , must wait until MONDAY Morning if everybody I know is at work or busy running errands during normal hours. I refused to make a call until I can get hold of someone and it's 8 PM at night...Luckily My Step Father Brother my Uncle is the Deputy Chief of Tulsa Police and I also have a Step Brother " With A different last name of course " that's A Sgt. or LT. and another cousin On The Job TPD...I get bailed Out Friday Night.......I didn't go to jail for a crime , white guy commits a crime and get off..... Domestic Violents is a Real Crime worthy of jail time....LOL

Every place you go there are JERKS for you to over look to get to what's important in LIFE those special people who are waiting for you somewhere among all of THE JERKS OF THE WORLD. I can't go on any more without writing a BOOK.

Last edited by Howest2008; 11-02-2014 at 07:00 PM..

Old 11-02-2014, 06:47 PM

Default Wake Up Rubi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
My statement about FIVE months in Oklahoma is not about any summer all by itself. My comment has to do with anyone making broad, all encompassing remarks that are not true. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Wake Up Rubi3 your 40 Winks are already spent......lol

Old 11-02-2014, 07:09 PM

Default Clown To The Left Of Me Jokers To The Right Of Me Here I Am Stuck In The Middle With You

What did I Say......FOMC....LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q

Old 11-02-2014, 09:32 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Wake Up Rubi3 your 40 Winks are already spent......lol
Howest, I'm awake. Sitting here thinking about your experiences as you go through life just trying to stay on an even keel. Sometimes it's a sad sad state of affairs. The only way some deputies can feel important is to behave like they don't have a brain. Barney Fife proved it time and time again. Do you watch "The Andy Griffith Show" on Youtube?

Old 11-03-2014, 12:06 AM

241 posts, read 431,887 times
Quote:
Once you get to Oklahoma, you'll can't wait to leave. Unless of course you enjoy a police state, corrupt government, traffic stops based on profiles, very few health food restaurants, living in a state which has the highest rate of female incarceration, extreme heat from May through September, very little parks, and the list goes on.
I would hardly say Oklahoma is a police state, and that's coming from someone who isn't a fan of the cops at all.

Corrupt government: well, we don't have the most admirable government out there, but when I think corrupt, I think Illinois or Louisiana.

Traffic stops based on profiles: that goes on in pretty much any major city's affluent suburbs. Believe it or not, I found Detroit to be the worst at that. I will admit you are more likely to see a black person pulled over in Edmond than you are a white person per ratio, but OKC cops are pretty moderate.

Very few health food restaurants: that may have been true 10, heck, even just 3-5 years ago, but not today. There are tons of health food restaurants around the metro of OKC and even more opening and planned.

Female incarceration: Oklahoma has a high rate of incarceration period, what's your point? Are you saying we hate females?

Extreme heat: while it does get hot here some years, the weather here swings and there really isn't an 'average' like many other states in the Midwest. It just depends on the regional climate for us unlike a lot of coastal cities that have predictable weather long-term. You want extreme heat, go visit Death Valley. I could easily defeat that argument with this summers temperatures.

Very little parks: actually OKC has a very fair number of parks and we are adding more. This city is starting to get really serious about arts and personal recreation, something we lacked and neglected for awhile. I also believe Tulsa is a city is ranked as having some of the most parks per capita of any city. I don't remember what is was ranked nor do I have the link handy, but I know I say it.

The list goes on and on, huh? Pick any state and I'll give you a list that could go on and on about what is wrong with it.

You gave eight examples of what you think is wrong with this state, well, I'll give you eight examples of what I like about this state.

Oklahoma is a great place to raise a family. Vote the best state to raise a family.

Very low traffic in it's two major cities and overall.

The people here are friendly and will always lend a helping hand. Look what happened during the 2013 tornado and how we came together to help one another. It isn't strictly an Oklahoman thing, but you can be assured we will always help one another in a time of need here.

OKC is one of the fastest growing cities in the US.

Guthrie has one of the most beautiful and dense downtown of any small town in the US.

There are tons of new local restaurants opening up around town. They are having such a hard time finding quality chefs for these new restaurants it's unreal, which brings me to the next example.

Low unemployment.

State of ingenuity. Go look at a list of things that were invented in this great state, go on, I dare you.

Oh heck, I'll add a couple more, why not.

The weather: yes, I actually like the weather here. It's always unpredictable and for me, that spells excitement. From a 3 foot blizzard to a summer thunderstorm, who knows what's around the corner. I've seen one tornado in my life here and I was born here. That tornado, I went out and 'chased' it to see one.

Hidden gems: there are hidden gems in every state and Oklahoma is no exception. While I can't people for Tulsa, OKC has a hidden gem every mile almost. It's just people don't stop and look around. Go have a look and you'll be surprised. =)

Old 11-03-2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
They already have. Enter into Okie-homa from Colorado into the panhandle with Colorado plates. See how long it will take you to get stopped for 2 mph over the speed limit or "failure to signal" when changing lanes.
I can't argue you with you on that and it is sad. I have heard far too many stories. For me they're just stories because I haven't been running drugs from there and I haven't been in the car with anyone who has.

I will say one downside here is the strict laws on MJ. I support the full legalization of marijuana.

But, with every downside, I'll give you upside to this wonderful state. The Wichita Mountains are beautiful!

Old 11-03-2014, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Really . . . 100 degree days in every month from May to September is not excessive.
do you even realize how many states experience a day of 100 degrees in the months you listed? Do you even care?

Quote:
Have you checked the U.S. incarceration rates as of late? I suggest you do. Oklahoma is no. 1 for females and No. 5 for males. Remember that botched execution in April. It made world-wide headlines. However, an attorney has filed a lawsuit exposing the name of witch doctor who engaged in the scientific experiment on Clayton Lockett. Next to be exposed will be the 3 spineless cowards who wear black hoods and inject people with drugs.
Yeah, we understand we have a high rate of incarceration. People on this thread have stated that. It's a downside to this state and a lot of residents agree. It's something that needs to be addressed. What state do you live in and I'll give you a bunch of downsides. No state is perfect and I don't know why that would concern someone wanting to live here unless they plan on doing something that could land them in prison.

Oh, and that botched execution: yeah, how horrible it must have been for that guy WHO BURIED A GIRL ALIVE! I guess I should keep to myself how I would've preferred he be executed.

Quote:
Profiling . . . don't believe it . . . ask any person of color driving a vehicle with out-of-state plates on I-40 through District 2 (Beckham, Custer, Roger Mills, Ellis, Wa****a). Even former cops in that area have stories concerning the District 2 Drug Task Force and the "traffic stops" made in that area. Just drive in that area and look for the black SUVs on the side of the road and hope you don't get pulled over.
I-40 and I-35 are some of the biggest drug trafficking corridors in the US. I've also heard I-35 is the biggest in the world, but don't know of the authenticity of that. A lot of those drugs come from Mexico, and who lives in Mexico?

I am friends with quite a few 'persons of color'. Again, I have never had problems with them, although I am white, and my--persons of color--friends haven't either. Racial profiling happens everywhere.

Just for the sake of me being a smart@ss, white is every color put together. Black is the complete absence of light.

Quote:
Have heard of Ada, Oklahoma? Remember former DA Bill Petersen? If not, go read John Grishman's Book "The Innocent Man." Talks all about that slob Petersen. You should also read Mark Furhman's book "Death and Justice." The later illustrates the wrongful convictions in Oklahoma. There was also that toilet stool Bob Macy in Oklahoma County who sent numerous innocent people to death row. That was even confirmed by the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals when they vacated several convictions. They also took apart former Oklahoma County Judge Susan Caswell (Emily Dowdy case). She's now a prosecutor down in Norman railroading people into prison . . . along with her sidekick Greg Mashburn. Two more disgraceful individuals.
two people in a state that has a population of 3.9 million in a country of 320 million. Yes, every town, city, state, country, race, culture, whatever.... has its share of bad apples.

Quote:
Oh yeah, those state parks are so beautiful . . . full of beer drinking ex-cons and rednecks like Toby Keith.
Full of em' eh? So I go to state parks, and by techinicall definition they are full of convicts and thus would make me a drinking, ex-con, redneck like the multimillionaire country artist Toby Keith? Interesting, I didn't know that. Well, I do know, that isn't true and that means you're a liar. Not a troll, oh, no. Just a liar =)))

Quote:
I'd slit my wrists before I would live in Oklahoma. It's the most culturally devoid, socially inept state I've ever been in. Only Mississippi has a higher obesity rate. Imagine having to ride a bus through the Sandtown area of OKC looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some smelly obese individual with only 5 teeth in his mouth who can't even fit in his seat, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, and right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing.

But hey . . . . BOONMER SOONER!!!
Well, that's nice to know Johnny boy. Do you live in the US? If so, how could you in such a horrible country that would allow such a state like Oklahoma to exist? Must be hard living in such a place, I know.

I'm shocked that this forum allows trolls like this make such posts, or do moderators not go through each forum and expect us to moderate it by reporting such posts? Either way, doesn't matter to me. I live in Oklahoma and I'm proud of it. Every state has it's down and upsides, and I'm sure Oklahoma has its fair share of trolls sitting behind a computer screen like Johnny boy here making asinine posts about other states.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:07 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
I would hardly say Oklahoma is a police state, and that's coming from someone who isn't a fan of the cops at all.

Corrupt government: well, we don't have the most admirable government out there, but when I think corrupt, I think Illinois or Louisiana.

Traffic stops based on profiles: that goes on in pretty much any major city's affluent suburbs. Believe it or not, I found Detroit to be the worst at that. I will admit you are more likely to see a black person pulled over in Edmond than you are a white person per ratio, but OKC cops are pretty moderate.

Very few health food restaurants: that may have been true 10, heck, even just 3-5 years ago, but not today. There are tons of health food restaurants around the metro of OKC and even more opening and planned.

Female incarceration: Oklahoma has a high rate of incarceration period, what's your point? Are you saying we hate females?

Extreme heat: while it does get hot here some years, the weather here swings and there really isn't an 'average' like many other states in the Midwest. It just depends on the regional climate for us unlike a lot of coastal cities that have predictable weather long-term. You want extreme heat, go visit Death Valley. I could easily defeat that argument with this summers temperatures.

Very little parks: actually OKC has a very fair number of parks and we are adding more. This city is starting to get really serious about arts and personal recreation, something we lacked and neglected for awhile. I also believe Tulsa is a city is ranked as having some of the most parks per capita of any city. I don't remember what is was ranked nor do I have the link handy, but I know I say it.

The list goes on and on, huh? Pick any state and I'll give you a list that could go on and on about what is wrong with it.

You gave eight examples of what you think is wrong with this state, well, I'll give you eight examples of what I like about this state.

Oklahoma is a great place to raise a family. Vote the best state to raise a family.

Very low traffic in it's two major cities and overall.

The people here are friendly and will always lend a helping hand. Look what happened during the 2013 tornado and how we came together to help one another. It isn't strictly an Oklahoman thing, but you can be assured we will always help one another in a time of need here.

OKC is one of the fastest growing cities in the US.

Guthrie has one of the most beautiful and dense downtown of any small town in the US.

There are tons of new local restaurants opening up around town. They are having such a hard time finding quality chefs for these new restaurants it's unreal, which brings me to the next example.

Low unemployment.

State of ingenuity. Go look at a list of things that were invented in this great state, go on, I dare you.

Oh heck, I'll add a couple more, why not.

The weather: yes, I actually like the weather here. It's always unpredictable and for me, that spells excitement. From a 3 foot blizzard to a summer thunderstorm, who knows what's around the corner. I've seen one tornado in my life here and I was born here. That tornado, I went out and 'chased' it to see one.

Hidden gems: there are hidden gems in every state and Oklahoma is no exception. While I can't people for Tulsa, OKC has a hidden gem every mile almost. It's just people don't stop and look around. Go have a look and you'll be surprised. =)
Excellent post.

I second the emotion for johnnydenver to slit his wrists. ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City