Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 03:44 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
So what I get from this is, as long as you don't have a foreign accent, don't eat foreign food, hide your religion if it's not evangelical Christianity, and hide your politics if you're not a Republican, you'll have no problems in Oklahoma. Oh... and don't be gay. That one's an obvious "given" on OK
Have you ever been to Oklahoma? There's a mosque in Oklahoma City and there are synagogogs, plus other houses of worship that aren't evangelical. There are probably more democrats than republicans, too. Are you gay? There is even a place for you at the Habana Inn. It's a gay resort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 09:54 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
So what I get from this is, as long as you don't have a foreign accent, don't eat foreign food, hide your religion if it's not evangelical Christianity, and hide your politics if you're not a Republican, you'll have no problems in Oklahoma. Oh... and don't be gay. That one's an obvious "given" on OK
It's okay to eat Mexican food, though.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:19 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Originally Posted by denverian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's okay to eat Mexican food, though.
but not SOUL FOOD lolllllllll.........

forget about Racists I been to 45 states and racists were in all 45 loll

I been outside of the United States of America and racists were there

wherever you set your foot a Racist will be there waiting for you loll....

stop giving attention to negative people , and instead make your life
a steady pursuit of positive people that you can easily LOVE and
Coexist with...... lolllllll

Old 10-17-2015, 03:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,646 times
Alright I’m going to be blunt about this…. Because it seemslike everyone is ignoring the main points and turned this into a joke forum,rather than a rational debate. [/SIZE][/FONT]
Yes Oklahomais a very racist state.

This is a state where most people only want to hangaround, date, marry, mix, socialize, or affiliate with whites only. Most peopleout here don’t like blacks and try to avoid blacks at all costs. If you ever goout in public at a restaurant, concert, game place, or any social event; onceblacks start coming in, then everyone starts leaving and getting out as fast aspossible. I have noticed this with my own eyes and no I’m not black.

People out here are right wing extremists/Christian evangelicals.Anything Interracial such as sex, dating, marriage, or children; people opposeand are completely against it. Many I have talked to out here claim that itdestroys a culture and blah blah all this. ( I have even heard people who wereonly 17-18 years old who had these type of right wing views in the year2014-2015). You can tell that they were taught this by their family/parents.

It’s heavily segregated out here. Most of the Whites live inAreas such as Edmond, Moore,Norman, andsmall towns. Blacks live in the north/north east side. Asians on the North andNorthwest side, and southside are predominately Hispanic/Mexicans.

The majority of people here are working/low class people.They don’t consider education very important and care more about gettingmarried or having children. It’s like they put that on a pedestal.

But the most dumbest/craziest thing I don’t like about Oklahoma and find itvery peculiar is how many individuals here justify their racism, hatred, andthought process off of the bible or Christian religion. Many people out herealways say “Americais a Christian country founded on Christian values” Which is a complete lie andcrock of BS

If you are a person of color, nobody is going to beat you orkill you in Oklahoma.But what is going to happen is you will be left out of social events,activities, parties, get togethers, and it will be harder to make friends(unless you befriend other minorities). People will try to avoid you at allcosts and not acknowledge your existence. You will have a hard time dating,marrying, or finding a person to sleep with if you try to get involved withWhite women. (As I say they oppose anything interracial here

You will basically feel invisible or like you don’t exist inthis state.The only time you will see a minority and white dating orbest friends is if they grew up together or went to grade/middle schooltogether.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:16 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Originally Posted by denverian

but not SOUL FOOD lolllllllll.........

forget about Racists I been to 45 states and racists were in all 45 loll

I been outside of the United States of America and racists were there

wherever you set your foot a Racist will be there waiting for you loll....

stop giving attention to negative people , and instead make your life
a steady pursuit of positive people that you can easily LOVE and
Coexist with..
.... lolllllll

Excellent post, H08!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swuktyu View Post
If you are a person of color, nobody is going to beat you orkill you in Oklahoma.But what is going to happen is you will be left out of social events,activities, parties, get togethers, and it will be harder to make friends(unless you befriend other minorities). People will try to avoid you at allcosts and not acknowledge your existence. You will have a hard time dating,marrying, or finding a person to sleep with if you try to get involved withWhite women. (As I say they oppose anything interracial here
LOL! Did bchris get another profile?

Old 10-17-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post

LOL! Did bchris get another profile?
You have a keen eye, Redbird!

Old 10-17-2015, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,610 times
I do agree with what Swuktyu,

he has some major points and it's odd that people are ignoring and failing to recognize the facts. I am a minority and originally came from California to Oklahoma 2-3 years ago and feel the same way. Individuals here are very covert and people here seem to ignore the issues or problems.

I think the OP of this topic not only wants to know and figure out if Oklahoma is racist. The OP also wants to know what kind of state Oklahoma is and how the people behave here, many on here keep on rambling and talking about their experiences with bicycles or other usernames, get to the point people!

why do most whites here claim NDN/Native blood/admixture if they are against interracial dating/marriage?

Old 10-18-2015, 12:45 PM

I doubt if you've interviewed most whites. My granddaughter, who is white is married to a Cherokee and there are many other whites who are married to other races.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:49 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johsnndung View Post
I do agree with what Swuktyu,

he has some major points and it's odd that people are ignoring and failing to recognize the facts. I am a minority and originally came from California to Oklahoma 2-3 years ago and feel the same way. Individuals here are very covert and people here seem to ignore the issues or problems.

I think the OP of this topic not only wants to know and figure out if Oklahoma is racist. The OP also wants to know what kind of state Oklahoma is and how the people behave here, many on here keep on rambling and talking about their experiences with bicycles or other usernames, get to the point people!

why do most whites here claim NDN/Native blood/admixture if they are against interracial dating/marriage?
Interesting how people are getting new memberships to this forum for the purpose to start out by bashing Oklahoma. The part about Oklahomans ignoring issues or problems is true how Oklahoma Republican leadership has been ignoring the earthquake problem the best they can. Oklahoma having one of the lowest voter turnouts in the country is another way to ignore the problems and issues.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:59 PM

195 posts, read 333,809 times
Just so everyone understands, "racist" in this context is liberal code word for conservative. The OP is a liberal malcontent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City