Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 05:11 PM
TYH TYH started this thread

3 posts, read 17,099 times

Advertisements

My daughter will be starting PA (Physicians Associate School) at OU/OKC in July. She has heard that finding housing near the Medical School can be tough. She does have a friend that is attending OU Pharmacy School that wants to share an apartment with her. We have heard about Deep Deuce as a possibility, but my daughter said that people have posted really negative things about this apartment complex. Can anyone offer up some ideas? Being the Mom here I would prefer she live on the medical campus in a gated area. I hear that it is near impossible to get an apartment unless you network with other medical students, etc. She will graduate from OU in May and be available to move immediately. Anyone out there familiar with this problem!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 09:12 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,602,645 times
Congratulations on your daughter's graduation, TYH! Boomer Sooner!

Maybe some other posters know more about the Deep Deuce apartments. I have heard they are nice. The ratings systems on apartments can be skewed by someone who was just unhappy with management, when the resident was the real problem.

Some other young people have posted on here that the Regency Towers downtown are very nice and safe.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:42 PM

102 posts, read 395,155 times
I personally don't have experience at Deep Deuce, but a review web site didn't make it look too good. Also, there's a ton of construction around it right now. The noise & inconvenience would bother me, personally.

Aside from Regency Towers (high rise at 5th & Harvey), here are a few other places that come to my mind near the OU medical campus: Coventry Cove (deep in a neighborhood off 50th & I-235) and Sycamore Square (gated, downtown at Robert S Kerr & Walker). For more $$$, there's The Montgomery (high rise downtown on Main), and Legacy at Arts Quarter (downtown at 2nd & Walker).

The downfall of living in downtown, in my opinion, is there are few conveniences right now. For example, no neighborhood grocery stores. OKC has excellent commute times, so if she's willing to drive, her options will expand if she considers a 10 mile radius.

Here are some resources to help you. OU med center's zip code is 73104.
Apartment search (http://www.apartments.com/Oklahoma/WesternOklahoma/OklahomaCity&Vicinity - broken link)
Crime map

Good luck!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:46 AM

I really appreciate this information. This is exactly what we needed. I couldn't ask for a more informative response. I am forwarding this on to my daughter, she will be very excited b/c they are headed out this weekend to find something! Thanks again. TyH

Old 02-27-2008, 09:48 AM

Thanks Peggy, we can use all this information and we really appreciate you taking time to post! Have a great week. Boomer Sooner Always!
TyH

Old 02-27-2008, 10:26 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,947,691 times
If she is going to Oklahoma, just be prepared for her to come home in a pick up truck and be dating a fella with a ranchers tan.......these cowboys out here can be pretty exciting. You might like reading about an LA girl on her way to Chicago who met her Marlboro man........Confessions of a Pioneer Woman

Old 02-27-2008, 10:59 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,776,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
If she is going to Oklahoma, just be prepared for her to come home in a pick up truck and be dating a fella with a ranchers tan.......these cowboys out here can be pretty exciting. You might like reading about an LA girl on her way to Chicago who met her Marlboro man........Confessions of a Pioneer Woman
Now she's riding in the middle of his pickup truck;
Blaring Hank, Jr., yelling "turn it up";
They raised her up a lady, but there's one thing they couldn't avoid;
Ladies love country boys.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,229 times
Default My daughter is also starting PA School in Late June, 2010

What apartment complex did your daughter ending living in--did she like it? We are in need of some suggestions and input about the best places to rent, too! My daughter is also trying to get into University Village, but they won't know what's available until late April, I think. Thanks for any input you can give us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYH View Post
My daughter will be starting PA (Physicians Associate School) at OU/OKC in July. She has heard that finding housing near the Medical School can be tough. She does have a friend that is attending OU Pharmacy School that wants to share an apartment with her. We have heard about Deep Deuce as a possibility, but my daughter said that people have posted really negative things about this apartment complex. Can anyone offer up some ideas? Being the Mom here I would prefer she live on the medical campus in a gated area. I hear that it is near impossible to get an apartment unless you network with other medical students, etc. She will graduate from OU in May and be available to move immediately. Anyone out there familiar with this problem!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City