U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2008, 04:22 PM

6 posts, read 15,744 times

Advertisements

I posted the below message in June of 2007... Since then we have moved to Mustang, and really like it. We love the young families and many options of things to do... But we want to buy now and are having a really hard time finding anything. We want to spend less than $140,000, and buy a 3 b 2 bath home on a large lot. (1 acre). It is like pulling teeth to find something in Mustang schools on a large lot. We live in a subdivision and HATE it because we are from the country and used to privacy and it being dark at night,LOL! Does anyone know of any cities with somewhat comparable schools within 20-25 minutes of Yukon (Hubby works there) that could possibly offer what we are looking for.

Again we are looking for any help!!

Moving to OKC...Any info is helpful!!???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We are moving to OKC from San Antonio this summer. How nice are Mustang and Yukon. We are hoping to find a house with a large lot (.50 to 1 1/2 acres), we don't want to live in the city or even a house on top of house suburb, we also don't want to live more than 15 minutes from city like ammenities. (blockbuster,grocery stores...) We also have 2 children ages 3 1/2 and 16 months, with a 3rd due in 4 weeks. So what are some good schools? Is that area growing? We are hoping to buy a house that will increase in value... Anyway, I have been hearing a lot of good things but won't officially know how I feel about the city till I visit it... Which hospitals are nice? Does anyone know any good Pediatricians? Cool places to take young children? Good Non-Denominational Churches? Willing to go to denominational large church with something to offer young children...My 3 year old has learned so much from a new program our church offered for young kids. (It has amazed me)"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 05:27 PM

3,160 posts, read 9,894,949 times
Have you looked out by Union City, or El Reno?

Old 02-22-2008, 01:12 PM

22 posts, read 39,231 times
Good luck on finding something. I actually replied to ur message back in 2007 because I built some homes in this area and had some for sale but they were out of your price range. You will not find a new home for the price you want on a 1 acreage in Mustang you only bet is to find an much older home so here is what I would do I would print the school district map here: Mustang Public Schools to locate the boundaries of the school district and then drive around and look . Your best bets are going to be anything on the west side of Cemetery Road from 119th up to SW 44Th not going any further than Cimmaron Road. There is a lot of vacant land around in those areas and some older homes that may be for sale . I would also drive down SW 44TH east bound all the way to county line road there are older homes lined up on the south side of the road that have land that may be for sale. Hope that helps if you decide to change your mind regarding lot size or price let me know as I am building on some acres in Mustang but the square footage min is aboutt 2200 and the price rangesr are at $220k. Good luck in finding what you want. You can also check out mlsgateway.com or openhouseok.com which has listing for sale

Old 02-22-2008, 02:00 PM

6 posts, read 15,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merryfim View Post
Good luck on finding something. I actually replied to ur message back in 2007 because I built some homes in this area and had some for sale but they were out of your price range. You will not find a new home for the price you want on a 1 acreage in Mustang you only bet is to find an much older home so here is what I would do I would print the school district map here: Mustang Public Schools to locate the boundaries of the school district and then drive around and look . Your best bets are going to be anything on the west side of Cemetery Road from 119th up to SW 44Th not going any further than Cimmaron Road. There is a lot of vacant land around in those areas and some older homes that may be for sale . I would also drive down SW 44TH east bound all the way to county line road there are older homes lined up on the south side of the road that have land that may be for sale. Hope that helps if you decide to change your mind regarding lot size or price let me know as I am building on some acres in Mustang but the square footage min is aboutt 2200 and the price rangesr are at $220k. Good luck in finding what you want. You can also check out mlsgateway.com or openhouseok.com which has listing for sale
When I got back on here I remembered your reply and thank you for trying to help. We have looked around at the houses that are newly built but we are little more interested in less cookie cutter type house.( somebody recommended Castle Rock but every single house is the same but with the front window on a different side or with a spiral brick column instead of a square one)
We have found 3 houses in the last 2 weeks that we really like on 1 acre and one is even on a pond! (the guy who bought it, bought it for $95000 and replaced the carpet, now he is trying to flip it for a $35000 profit) but they are all for sale by owner and that is annoying because we want to use a agent to write up our contract. We have searched MLS a million times, but every house is exactly the same.
My Husband has his realtor license in Texas. So we are not oblivious to the process of buying a home. I am sure we will find something but we are very particular. We also found a house out on 104th street. It was awesome on 2.55 acres with a 1900 sq ft home but it needs a little work which isn't a problem especially considering it was $124000 and with it being $100000 less than all the other house in that neighborhood we could make a lot of updates and then resale in 4-5 years. Anyway thanks for your help!

Old 02-22-2008, 03:39 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,174,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyeveduncan View Post
When I got back on here I remembered your reply and thank you for trying to help. We have looked around at the houses that are newly built but we are little more interested in less cookie cutter type house.( somebody recommended Castle Rock but every single house is the same but with the front window on a different side or with a spiral brick column instead of a square one)
We have found 3 houses in the last 2 weeks that we really like on 1 acre and one is even on a pond! (the guy who bought it, bought it for $95000 and replaced the carpet, now he is trying to flip it for a $35000 profit) but they are all for sale by owner and that is annoying because we want to use a agent to write up our contract. We have searched MLS a million times, but every house is exactly the same.
My Husband has his realtor license in Texas. So we are not oblivious to the process of buying a home. I am sure we will find something but we are very particular. We also found a house out on 104th street. It was awesome on 2.55 acres with a 1900 sq ft home but it needs a little work which isn't a problem especially considering it was $124000 and with it being $100000 less than all the other house in that neighborhood we could make a lot of updates and then resale in 4-5 years. Anyway thanks for your help!
You hear a lot of people on this forum complain about the "cookie cutter" houses (myself included), yet they keep building them. So apparently a lot of people don't mind that We held out for an addition that is older, and have a little bit bigger lot. Also, being on the main road with the addition behind us, we don't "feel" like we're in an addition.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:10 PM

330 posts, read 909,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
You hear a lot of people on this forum complain about the "cookie cutter" houses (myself included), yet they keep building them. So apparently a lot of people don't mind that We held out for an addition that is older, and have a little bit bigger lot. Also, being on the main road with the addition behind us, we don't "feel" like we're in an addition.
I hope Oklahoma gets control of those developments, otherwise it will start to look like California.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:55 PM

3,160 posts, read 9,894,949 times
I don't have scientific evidence to back this up, but it seems to me the current building frenzy is about to cool down.

A lot of people only want new construction, HOA's, and not much lawn maintenance. Many people prefer a bigger house for the money and don't want the big lot that makes homes so much more expensive. The builders are apparently just giving people what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City