Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 07:12 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Interesting how the slow drivers haven't spoke up to defend themselves why they must drive that way, including why it's so imperative for them to drive slow in the left lane when traffic isn't heavy?
OKC PD has cut ally started pulling left lane turtles over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 09:38 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I’m a truck driver and have been through a ton of major metros. OKC never struck me as having a particularly bad set of drivers, though as others have noted, I certainly noticed the poor state of the roads across Oklahoma. Every place has yahoo drivers, that’s just the inescapable fact of living with so many other people. Aggressive drivers are the ones in Houston and Atlanta. And I find the fuddy-duddy kinda drivers are in the Northeast outside of the I95 corridor (these are the people who stop on onramps, run a solid 10 below the PSL, etc.)
I find these "who has the worst drivers" discussions pretty ridiculous. But I'd take a truck driver's word over just about anybody else's.

But most people project stuff based on their own limited experiences and to some degree their opinion of the people of the given locale.

Old 02-16-2020, 08:27 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,962,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I find these "who has the worst drivers" discussions pretty ridiculous.
Yeah, it's kind of like the debate of who has the worst traffic.

Every city loves to complain about their bad drivers and bad traffic, be it NYC, London, Paris, Milan, Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, or LA.

Old 02-16-2020, 09:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
I get sick and tired of the slow drivers in Oklahoma. I'd like to always go at around the speed limit when driving conditions warrant before I get too old to do it.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 02-16-2020 at 09:30 PM..

Old 02-16-2020, 09:29 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I find these "who has the worst drivers" discussions pretty ridiculous. But I'd take a truck driver's word over just about anybody else's.

But most people project stuff based on their own limited experiences and to some degree their opinion of the people of the given locale.
Yeah. I grew up in the SF Bay Area and while traffic in my corner of Texas is basically zilch, there’s other things which fill the frustration void. There’s weird little idiosyncrasies everywhere. That’s just how it is. I have noticed that mountain folk tend to be the best drivers overall, though.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:50 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Interesting how the slow drivers haven't spoke up to defend themselves why they must drive that way, including why it's so imperative for them to drive slow in the left lane when traffic isn't heavy?
Sometimes they will be on their phone and eating a burger at the same time while trying to drive.

Quote:
I get sick and tired of the slow drivers in Oklahoma. I'd like to always go at around the speed limit when driving conditions warrant before I get too old to do it.
The slow driving culture does seem to be an Oklahoma thing. Down in Texas people drive much faster as do they in Missouri.

I think it's a combination of poor quality roads and aggressive policing that causes it.

Old 02-17-2020, 05:34 PM

140 posts, read 115,575 times
I have driven/lived in most of the major cities in the US and boy do OK drivers SUCK !!!

You guys should win award for "left lane hogs"

Drive on I-35/I40/I240 in "JOKElahoma" and you'll see MANY brain dead okies driving on the left PASSING lane and holding up several cars creating a bottle neck of traffic.

Years ago, I chatted with a OHP officer and he told me with him it's a guaranteed ticket if he catches someone "left lane hogging"

I promise if every OK driver had to redo a driving test most would FAIL !!!!

Old 02-17-2020, 06:28 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodude.1984 View Post
I have driven/lived in most of the major cities in the US and boy do OK drivers SUCK !!!

Drive on I-35/I40/I240 in "JOKElahoma" and you'll see MANY brain dead okies driving on the left PASSING lane and holding up several cars creating a bottle neck of traffic.

Years ago, I chatted with a OHP officer and he told me with him it's a guaranteed ticket if he catches someone "left lane hogging"

I missed you!!!!!

Old 02-17-2020, 07:02 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,099 times
Quote:
"Years ago"? How many years ago? It's only been the law to clear the left lane here for two years.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:15 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:

Maybe they like the left lane better because they're left handed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City