U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 09:00 AM

7 posts, read 21,057 times

Advertisements

Hello All! We are new to this board, but have been reading it for a little while. We are moving to the Edmond area for employment from New England and were wondering if there are any apartment complexes in the Edmond area that are geared more towards middle aged couples rather than young families? We will probably rent for a few months before we decide where to buy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are excited to be moving to OK!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 11:45 AM

3,160 posts, read 9,902,705 times
I can't really think of any apartments in Edmond for middle aged couples. Maybe someone else knows?

Is your employment going to be in Edmond? I was thinking it might be easier to find a quiet place in North or Northwest OKC.

The UCO student population in Edmond tends to be older and quieter than that of OU and OSU, IMO.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:06 PM

Hi Peggy:

Thanks for your reply. Well I will be working in Edmond and we have relatives in Norman, but coming from NH we dont really know the area all that well. The one time I visited Edmond, I was really impressed with the sights and the people - very friendly. We will have some time to look around and we arent looking for retirement homes, just some place that is nice and a little on the quiet side. We appreciate any help, ideas or suggestions that you or any of the forum members have. Thanks very much.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:29 PM

64 posts, read 271,640 times
I second looking on the NW side of OKC, but be careful! Try to stay on the north side of Memorial. We rented a place just south of Memorial when we first moved here and ended up buying out our lease because we were miserable. But in Edmond proper, you're going to run into more college students because of the proximity to UCO.
There are a few very nice looking complexes near the Quail Springs Mall, but I can't think of the names right now.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:56 PM

TY Calitook. We will definitely look where you suggested. There are so many Edmond apartments listed on the web, but looking there that isnt as reliable as being there to actually see the places in person. Thanks for your suggestions. We are happy to be heading to OK!

Old 05-06-2008, 04:43 PM

664 posts, read 1,822,348 times
One that you might like would be the Links Apts on 122nd between Kelley and Broadway. It is a gated community with a golf course. A few to stay away from are:

Broadway village
Chapel Ridge
Spring Creek
Windrush

Old 05-08-2008, 01:57 PM

Hi Prerunner.... thanks so much for the one to check out and especially for the ones to avoid. We really appreciate the advice.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:48 AM

11 posts, read 41,334 times
You might want to check on the east side of Edmond just south of 33rd Street. There are a couple of newer apartment complexes (I believe they're called Stonebridge) there and it's actually very quiet over there but close to everything. Good luck in your search.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:30 PM

Thank you E. Richardson! We will definitely check that area and those apartments out as well. Thanks for your suggestions! We appreciate it!

Old 05-21-2008, 08:38 PM

10 posts, read 35,735 times
Have you considered renting a home? You could rent a nice home for what some apartments cost in the New England area. Just a thought...

There aren't an incredible number of apartment complexes in Edmond. It's mostly a suburban area with single family homes. Those that do exist are near the UCO campus and have lots of college students.

There are some complexes west of Pennsylvania Ave. I can't think of the names of any of the complexes right now, but I'll check and post back.

Regards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City