Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 07:55 PM

1,188 posts, read 5,532,899 times

Advertisements

We're going to go to a concert soon at the Zoo Amphitheatre. My question is since we will not be able to bring food or drinks in...what food and drink services (if any) are available. I'm one of the people who has to eat every few hours or else I get cranky ...I suppose I am just trying to plan accordingly. The concert starts at 5:30pm and I'm not sure how long it is suppose to go into the night.

If there are food/drink services...is it cash only or do they take credit cards?

Also, how bad is the parking during concerts?

Anything else we should be aware of?

Yes...I am one of those planner people. And from the way my questions read...I'm also apparently a person who doesn't get out often (lol).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 10:08 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Just curious~what type of concert is it? Do you have rock n roll concerts (golden oldies) in OKC?

Old 06-16-2008, 10:24 AM

We were given two tickets to see the True Colors concert headlined by Cyndi Lauper. The Zoo Amphitheatre gets all kinds of great concerts from what I have read.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 AM

When all else fails...call the Zoo Amphitheatre (364-3700)!

Yes, they have concessions and they do take credit cards. Parking is for free. The concert is suppose to last until about 10ish. Gesh, looks like it's going to be a late night for us.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:03 AM

OK City Zoo Amphitheatre . . .

Oh how cool!!!! I'm glad you asked the question and came up with the info. I had no idea this place existed. Did you see the REO Speedwagon and Journey will be there???

Old 06-17-2008, 09:21 PM

10 posts, read 46,261 times
Default A note to help

I thought I might give you a helpful hint if you are going there for a concert.

First, of all most people park in the Omniplex and Zoo parking lot. The spots up by the ampitheatre are usually taken by the people that camp out for the concerts

Second, if you don't already have your tickets don't get in that LONG line and wait to get to the front.. that line is for people with tickets just waiting to get in. The booth to buy your tickets are up at the very front near the gate. If you wait to get up there then realize you have to buy a ticket they will make you go all the way to the back of the line again haha...

Third, of course it is outdoors so unless you are going to be up at the very front in the big crowd standing up the whole time, it is smart to take a fold out chair of some sort or a nice blanket to sit on.

I hope you enjoy the shows out there. I have been to 3 or 4 concerts and have really had a good time. The food there is somewhat similar to fair food... you can even get indian tacos (which I love) !!!

Old 06-17-2008, 09:35 PM

Our friends have the tickets already so that's good! I suppose we should ask where we are sitting so we know how to plan.

On the website for the seating chart at the Zoo Amphitheatre, http://images.tickets.com/images/privatelabel/zooamphi_6225371_smap.gif
it looks as if there are seats in all sections other than general admission. We assumed that lawn chairs and blankets were for the general admission area...are we wrong?

Old 06-17-2008, 09:47 PM

10 posts, read 46,261 times
Default Seating

Wow yeah by looking at that little drawing of that seating you would think you could only have lawn chairs for the back but that isn't the case. It is grass all the way up to the stage. I've never been to one that actually had "assigned" seating. It was basically just whoever got whatever place first.

When you go to the website you see two different seating charts. The bottom one says "platinum and General admission" Of all the shows i have been to it was this seating plan.. basically you had the ones up AT the stage.. then everyone else crammed in.

I generally went to REO speedwagon type concerts so it wasn't ever too wild and people were mostly tame so you could sit halfway back and still be pretty comfortable with space in a fold out chair.

Here is the link to the site of the seating i was talking about:

Seating (http://www.zooamp.com/html/seating.html - broken link)

Old 06-18-2008, 08:56 AM

Isn't it funny how several years ago a band like REO Speedwagon would've drawn a rowdy crowd and now they're calm and peaceful? Guess that's what maturity does to ya.

I looked at some of the past bands that had been there and one of them is "Chicago". I love them and plan on going to Sx. Falls to see them in Aug.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:05 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
Jammie, looks like all our rowdy friends have settled down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City