Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 08:17 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,694 times

Advertisements

My family will be driving through the OKC area in about a week and I was wondering if there are any great places to stop and see such as civil war museums, things that younger kids might enjoy, or natural wonders? I am not familiar with the area at all, we are willing to drive a little out of the way if there is something worth seeing. I have searched the OK tourism sites and they really haven't been much help. Thank you in advance for any information. I have read the sticky but I didn't see anything on there that fits what we are looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 04:52 PM

10 posts, read 46,268 times
Are you looking for something more indoors or outdoors? And I am guessing you are looking for something unique to oklahoma/oklahoma city? Also how old are your children?

I dont have any children myself, but I remember when I was younger I really enjoyed my trip to the Omniplex. It is a science museum here in oklahoma city. It was pretty interesting and had a lot of hands on exhibits which the kids would love. Also RIGHT next to the omniplex.. ( you wouldn't even have to drive to a new parking lot if you didnt want to) is the Oklahoma city zoo. You could spend the better part of the afternoon and visit both of them.

Here is a link to the OKC omniplex as well as the OKC zoo if you want to take a quick look. I am sure others might have some other suggestions, but this will get you started.

Science Museum Oklahoma

The Oklahoma City Zoo

Old 06-29-2008, 07:26 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,694 times
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our trip. Sick kids. And sick Mommy. Hopefully, we will be able to make it up through OK soon!

Old 06-29-2008, 07:30 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,788,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our trip. Sick kids. And sick Mommy. Hopefully, we will be able to make it up through OK soon!
We're waitin' for ya. Let us know when you plan to come again.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:19 PM

3 posts, read 5,447 times
Hello,
I live three hours south of okc,ok and and I have found an area that has an area that
would make your kids and you very happy to go there, but not in the city. i live in a very small community named Bromide. We have a boy scout ranch lake and camp here with all kinds of rivers and trails here. I just moved here about one month ago and I love it. There are mountains and lots of history. Also you can telecommute to work with small school that is top of the state scholastic league. I bought two lots and one big five bdrm house for 6,ooo.oo here.

Just a suggestion
Jana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City