U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,225 times

Advertisements

I came across this site, while I was looking up something else. It is an interesting site. My husband is a builder we build in the Edmond, NW OKC and Yukon areas. We are Energy Star and OG&E Certified. Our webpage is terrycoveycustomhomesllc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 04:47 PM

4 posts, read 16,733 times
Hi, we are moving from the Boston area to probably Edmond/Deer Creek area. We were looking at existing homes but now considering building. I came across Oak Leaf custom homes, Jim Greene builder. Any info on his homes?

Old 09-07-2012, 12:47 PM

96 posts, read 125,960 times
Default Builders

We built a home in 2010 with Roland Lachance at Lachance Quality Homes. He built our custom home on our land in Harrah. He did an excellent job and was very professional. A lot of amenities, like granite countertops, brushed nickel hardware, 9 foot ceilings, large crown mouldings and bullnose are all standard on his homes. When we wanted to make changes, or saw something different we liked, glass tile, etc, he accomodated us. He was very easy to reach, and still is. I occasionally text him to find out about a particular company if I need the AC touched up, septic pumped for routine maintenance, etc. I have all that paperwork but am just too lazy to pull it out! Had one problem after moving in, but he fixed it immediately. It was very clean when we moved in and we were ready ahead of schedule. I think he does some building in Edmond, but mostly works out East (Choctaw/Harrah/Luther area). Hope this helps someone! I wish they had more sites to rate builders. Angie's list might, but I don't want to pay money just to read reviews before spending more money! I have heard people didn't like Richardson Homes or DR Horton. I work with people that live in Edmond. They have had homes built by Taber and Rice and both have been happy in their neighborhoods for several years. Sorry don't know much about Turner and Sons. Hope this post helps!

Old 06-22-2013, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,909 times
I bought a brand new Taber home built in 2011. It has spray in foam insulation, Huge zoned a/c for first and second level. We love it as the quality exceeds many we have seen. I recommend searching for a $95-$105 price per square foot that has quality woodwork, energy efficiency etc. in my opinion, a brand new home less than $95 likely was made cheaply.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:44 PM

28 posts, read 19,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthorpe View Post
Hi, we are moving from the Boston area to probably Edmond/Deer Creek area. We were looking at existing homes but now considering building. I came across Oak Leaf custom homes, Jim Greene builder. Any info on his homes?
We just put in a bid for a home built by Jim Greene. I liked the house we chose because it was different and stood out - much more modern/contemporary than the majority of other homes we saw where everything was so dark (hardwood, paint, cabinets). The light fixtures were beautiful, the backsplash in the kitchen was unique, and the home had marble and quartz countertops instead of granite. We are very excited to move into the home next month! I would look into Jim Greene homes and see what other homes he has built.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:59 AM

12 posts, read 12,382 times
In my opinion, the best builder in OKC and surrounding areas is Jeff Click.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,236 times
I was wondering about the quality of houses built by Jim Case Homes.Please provide your honest comment to help others.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:42 AM

1 posts, read 894 times
Default DR Horton

Quote:
Originally Posted by btowntookc View Post
My husband, daughter, and I may be relocating from Boston to OKC. We are focusing on Edmond to live. We spent last weekend looking at several communities/homes in the area. I've found great information on this site about schools and neighborhoods, but I can't find anything about home builders. Can anybody give me feedback -positive or negative- about any of the builders in the area (Ideal, BrassBrick, Jeff Click, DR Horton, etc). Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

My wife and I almost bought a home from DR Horton a few weeks ago. The sales guy told us their lender would roll the down payment into the note. They didn't. They cancelled the contract and gave us our earnest money back. Then we looked at a newer community closer to where we actually wanted but would have had to wait longer. Then I found dozens of reviews on DR Horton on Zillow.com. NOT ONE GOOD REVIEW. If you are contemplating buying from DR Horton, YOU MUST READ THE REVIEWS ON ZILLOW. They prompted me to actually look into their claim of America's #1 Builder. Which, when I did, I discovered is based only in the fact that they out build and out sell everyone else. It has no basis in quality, value or customer satisfaction. Purely numbers. Then My mortgage lender actually advised me against DR Horton, Home Creations, Rausch-COleman and even Ideal Homes (though the last one not as bad as the first three). He said they focus on the first time buyer who is easily taken in by what they see and the size of the house and less by the long term issues (heating/cooling, structure, mold, etc). They take a lot of shortcuts, little oversight during the build process and a lot of problems quickly as the house ages. Most of their buyers are those they anticipate re-selling in a few years. If you are looking for a quality home you want to be in for several years or want to sell in a few with high resale value, stay away from the large national cookie cutter builders and find a local builder that you can be involved with throughout the building process. Don't be in a hurry. A home is a long term, high value investment and if something goes wrong, it will be costly.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:32 PM

624 posts, read 1,533,261 times
I realize this is an old thread but I came across it just now and I want to give you name of an outstanding builder on the east side. We lived in the Tinker AFB area from the late 1960's until 2005. When we returned after eight years, we thought we'd be buying a house in Edmond but, after searching from Guthrie to Norman, Lake Overholser to McLoud, we wound up south of Choctaw, near I-40 and Choctaw Rd. Our house was built by SWM and Sons of Choctaw. We had heard good things about them when we lived here before. They do mostly custom homes but we were fortunate to buy one of their rare spec homes. Everything is well-designed and high quality. They've been very responsive on the few occasions when we've called them about something that's covered by the one-year builder's warranty. It's a local family business, with great office people and sub-contractors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City