U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-17-2008, 02:40 PM

56 posts, read 157,079 times
Thumbs up Vet Recommendations, Please

Your opinions and advice, please, regarding vet references for English Mastiffs and for a Rat Terrier who has a congenital liver disease where she must be on prescription food/meds for life. We are planning to relocate to the Edmond/Luther area and want to know where you take your animals, why you chose that vet, etc. If you could give us contact info when you reply, that's be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 03:30 PM

62 posts, read 169,624 times
PetSmart's Banfield. I took my Westie to them, Dr. Nancy Rose, to be precise, and take my Whip-Jack to the one on NW Expressway, west of Rockwell.

Dr. Rose literally cried when Holly died. The people there even play with them and are quite nice to them.

I also recommend the wellness plan. It saves a ton.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:34 PM

Default Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your recommendation. I will check into it as it sounds very different from the Banfield's here that I have experienced. It is great to know that there may well be some excellent ones out here

Old 07-18-2008, 08:38 AM

21 posts, read 37,597 times
There's a vet in Mustang that offers natural remedies for the animals she treats. I don't remember the name, but if I find it, i'll post it. We took three of our animals there, and we've had great results.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:26 AM

42 posts, read 121,907 times
I have no animals,but I like dog.if I have a dog, I will take it there.it's so positive.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:41 AM

62 posts, read 169,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminer View Post
I have no animals,but I like dog.if I have a dog, I will take it there.it's so positive.
iminer: Since more than one vet has been recommended, would you please specify to which post you are referring? That's why message boards have quote features.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:28 PM

1,188 posts, read 3,159,660 times
We live in Edmond and use WestBrook Animal Clinic (405-359-1559). Although the office is closed on the weekends, he hands out his cell phone number for weekend concerns. Plus their number rolls to the emergency center off of Memorial road. They have two doctors there: Dr. Stratton and Dr. Hufnagel. I would call and ask to speak with either one of them or their vet tech Jennifer. I think it is important to interview a facility to make sure they will meet your needs.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:23 PM

Thanks for the suggestions as I am definitely into holistic and all-natural feeding and care for my pets. As I have learned and applied that knowledge to them, see their coats gleam, eyes are bright, not hot spots and doggie breath...I am doing much better for myself too, so if you think of a good general doc, let me know that info too please. Thanks!

Old 07-20-2008, 07:09 AM

1,188 posts, read 3,159,660 times
Dr. Bettina Veronneau, Family Practice Physician (Mercy Health), 1575 N Santa Fe Ave, Santa Fe Edmond, OK.

She has been my favorite physician thus far in my life. She is very much into making sure her patients live a very healthy life style. She is not rushed and sits down and talks to you. I have had some special requests and she has honored them. It's important to have a doctor that listens to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City