Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2008, 10:08 PM

16 posts, read 55,426 times

Advertisements

I have not found any internship programs in the area i am living in which is south east Louisiana there are not a lot of internship programs here at all i've searched high and low...SO I was wondering if anyone would know of any internship programs in the oklahoma city area or edmond area? it would really be a big help...well i should also explain what kind of internship i need..ok i am in school right now to be a paralegal so it would be really nice for a paralegal internship program, but if not i guess a secretarial position or receptionist position would work i looked on NewsOK Mobile and i found some, but if anyone knows where else i could find some maybe like links or advice it would be very helpful thank you.

Sarah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 10:14 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,684,862 times
I think your best bet is to visit the local universities in the OKC area. I know there's Oklahoma State University and University of Oklahoma. Perhaps you'd get better info if you contacted the schools there.

Tim C.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:25 AM

778 posts, read 2,317,536 times
Greater Grads - Greater Grads

And to keep our Tulsa friends happy

Intern In Tulsa

Seriously, I can tell you as a college student that has whored himself out for low pay and crappy work the past three summers (including this one) in internships that I have gained so much knowledge and experience by doing them. I would urge you that if you can't find one in OKC, Edmond, or even Tulsa to KEEP LOOKING, even if it means looking outside those areas. They look great on your resume and will make looking for a job when you graduate so much easier as I am now learning. Like my HR-nutcase father always says, there's no "Real World 101" in college!

Not that its any of my business but your passing a lot of real estate to get to OKC from southeast Louisiana. Can I ask why your choosing to come to this area, versus Dallas, Houston, or other cities closer to where your from?

Last edited by Jammie; 07-21-2008 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: deleted quote

Old 07-21-2008, 05:21 PM

16 posts, read 55,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1soonerfan View Post
Greater Grads - Greater Grads

And to keep our Tulsa friends happy

Intern In Tulsa

Seriously, I can tell you as a college student that has whored himself out for low pay and crappy work the past three summers (including this one) in internships that I have gained so much knowledge and experience by doing them. I would urge you that if you can't find one in OKC, Edmond, or even Tulsa to KEEP LOOKING, even if it means looking outside those areas. They look great on your resume and will make looking for a job when you graduate so much easier as I am now learning. Like my HR-nutcase father always says, there's no "Real World 101" in college!

Not that its any of my business but your passing a lot of real estate to get to OKC from southeast Louisiana. Can I ask why your choosing to come to this area, versus Dallas, Houston, or other cities closer to where your from?

heyy yeah well i have family that lives in OKC (after katrina my mom moved up there and bought a house with my step dad and his family which all live up there) SO i asked her about it and we looked up some stuff and since OKC is such a bigger area i was just gonna go for like a semester and maybe over the summer and just come back down here...cuz i REALLLY REALLLY want internship and my grandpa says its not a big ordeal and it IS! he just doesnt realize that and my boyfriend is gonna be a radiologist and he actually offered in 2009 maybe to switch college from here to there just so i can do my intern =) which is sooo very lovely anyways but yeah thats why...

Old 07-25-2008, 09:39 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,749,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvme504 View Post
I have not found any internship programs in the area i am living in which is south east Louisiana there are not a lot of internship programs here at all i've searched high and low...SO I was wondering if anyone would know of any internship programs in the oklahoma city area or edmond area? it would really be a big help...well i should also explain what kind of internship i need..ok i am in school right now to be a paralegal so it would be really nice for a paralegal internship program, but if not i guess a secretarial position or receptionist position would work i looked on NewsOK Mobile and i found some, but if anyone knows where else i could find some maybe like links or advice it would be very helpful thank you.

Sarah

You shouldnt have a problem. OKC is the capital city so obviously a lot of politicians and lawyers are always willing to give someone experience in the legal field. Does getting an internship require a program? I think your employer would decide if you would be considered an intern and you would simply put that on your resume. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City