U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-27-2008, 10:42 PM

2 posts, read 12,470 times

Advertisements

I took a test the other day for DHS at the office of personnel management and I was wondering if anyone else has done the same? Is this a partcularly easy or difficult position to get on with? I scored and 83 which I imagine is about average. Anyone have any stories?

Oh and where do you find where you're ranked on the list? I can see my score online, but not my ranking.

Last edited by jxr182; 11-27-2008 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: another question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 12,470 times
Does no one know anything about these tests?

Old 12-08-2008, 08:25 AM

3,238 posts, read 5,759,698 times
I took several tests for various state jobs. My scores ranged from 89 to 96. As far as I know, there is no way to see where you "rank." I was finally called for an interview on a job (not my highest score) and was hired, but there were some tests I took weeks before that I never heard anything on. Depending on the department, it may take a while. The hiring process can be slow. Good luck!

RB, do you have any other info that can help this poster?

Old 01-06-2009, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,179 times
I am in the process of seting up a time to take the test. From what i understand, each department has it's own test. I guess, look for the job you would like and take that test. Can we take more than one test at a time?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:12 AM

3,238 posts, read 5,759,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendw View Post
I am in the process of seting up a time to take the test. From what i understand, each department has it's own test. I guess, look for the job you would like and take that test. Can we take more than one test at a time?

I'm not sure about each department having it's own test. Depending on the type of job that may be true. The reason I took different tests was because I was applying for different titles.

I think you can take more than one test at a time, but I'm not sure you would want to. I'm a pretty fast test taker, and I found it took me between 1-1/2 and 3 hours for the tests.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,972 times
I took a state test for admin tech and got a 106.5. is that good? It ws my first state test. I am not sure how high the scores go, but I had 10 points added for veterans preference.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:25 PM

25,285 posts, read 11,419,174 times
They usually send a letter stating your ranking. When there is an opening, they usually start by pulling the top 10 (or whatever depending on the agency) scores and calling those people. A lot of times, the people are no longer interested in that position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City