Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times

Advertisements

There is a good chance that I may be getting a job in Oklahoma City. There is a firm that I have worked for in the past (from home), but they want someone in the office.

If this comes through, we're going to sell the house (well, we are going to sell ANYWAY) and I will be purchasing a travel trailer to live out of until such time as I feel rooted enough to buy a home.

The travel trailer will allow me to live just about anywhere for almost nothing.

So, I may be moving to OkC after all!

The wife and daughter will still be in NJ, but sponsors are now paying for the bulk of those expenses.

I've got my fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 01:57 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,436 times
Congrats! Welcome back to the great state of Oklahoma. Where you should be.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Congrats! Welcome back to the great state of Oklahoma. Where you should be.

Amen to that. Let's just hope the job offer comes through HT. I think the only stipulation is that I move there, but I still have yet to hear back from the employer. They have offered me employment in the past with the caveat that I move there, but have been unable to do so due to our family's roots in the DFW area. But now, with my wife and daughter living in NJ because of the training (most of the time), it doesn't matter where I live.

I long to return to Oklahoma, and ask that you please cross your fingers that this offer comes through!

Old 02-06-2009, 07:56 PM

498 posts, read 1,606,394 times
I'll be keeping mine crossed. Why are your wife and daughter in NJ? That has to suck for you.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:20 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
I'll be keeping mine crossed. Why are your wife and daughter in NJ? That has to suck for you.
That has to suck for them!(nj)

Cool Syn! Alot closer to all of the OU home games!!
Best of luck, I hope things work out!!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:33 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,862 times
Syn, if you get this job (fingers and toes crossed for ya), I will throw the "official welcome home Synopsis" party.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:33 PM

330 posts, read 970,371 times
Way to go, now get packing.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:58 AM

Thanks all. okcpulse, my wife and daughter are in Hackensack, NJ. Our daughter is in training there for the Olympics. I really can't say much more because it's an open forum. If you're really interested, DM me and I'll provide you with the details.

Colleen, I'll take you up on that as soon as I know for sure!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:06 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
There is a good chance that I may be getting a job in Oklahoma City. There is a firm that I have worked for in the past (from home), but they want someone in the office.

If this comes through, we're going to sell the house (well, we are going to sell ANYWAY) and I will be purchasing a travel trailer to live out of until such time as I feel rooted enough to buy a home.

The travel trailer will allow me to live just about anywhere for almost nothing.

So, I may be moving to OkC after all!

The wife and daughter will still be in NJ, but sponsors are now paying for the bulk of those expenses.

I've got my fingers crossed!
The old bachelor lifestyle, eh? I hope everything works out for you. It's hard to keep expenses down, even with one person.

I thought it would be cheaper to rent a cheap apt in OKC, rather than commute 90 miles one way, four days a week. Boy, was I wrong!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:50 AM

I've been batchin' it for quite some time now anyway. Strange; married, with child, and still batchin' it...

I'm wondering if there are any places in OkC to hook up a travel trailer. And I'm not talking about a mobile home lot, that would probably be as expensive as renting an apartment. No, I'm talking about a place with electric hookups and water, that you'd pay by the week or month.

Anybody know of such a place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City