U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 10:44 AM

28 posts, read 44,261 times

Advertisements

My husband is considering a transfer to Tinker. We know nothing about the area. We've read good things about Edmond, but it's about a half hour drive. That's not too bad, but is there anything similar that is a little closer?

Our priorities are:
-Safe family area
-No tiny lots (1/4 acre or more)
-We're currently in a CT neighborhood right up the road from a lake. We'd love to be near water again.
-Good public schools in elementary and high school
-Access to family activities: library, kid sports, etc. (Youth theater would be an added bonus!)
-Warm friendly people that would welcome a professional hispanic/caucasian family.

My husband is an engineer and would work on base. I'm a teacher.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 05:49 PM

179 posts, read 571,283 times
They've recently built some nice apartments between Reno and NE 10th, about 2-3 miles north of TAFB.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:15 AM

6,854 posts, read 6,186,695 times
Choctaw would be your best bet or a little further out, Harrah.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,364 times
any where in the MWC/Choctaw/Jones Harrah area... all of the areas around here are good and close i think i am about 5 min from TAFB

Old 03-18-2009, 09:12 AM

22 posts, read 103,124 times
I live in Choctaw on an acre, my neighbors house is for sale, he is also on an acre. We are in a small development of about 21 homes, very nice neighborhood. Check out openhouseok.com to find local homes available. My husband works at Tinker and the drive is really nice. I had also looked at Edmond and the drive is a bit longer because of traffic. We love this area with its wide open spaces. Harrah is also a nice community. Drop a line if you'd like to know more.
My daughter is active in a youth theatre in OKC. Choctaw Highschool has an awesome drama program and just opened a very nice theatre arts building.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:20 PM

279 posts, read 928,502 times
I think this sounds like a great move.

And also have you checked out an area called Moore? Its south of the OKC area and very nice. It also has great schools. And im pretty sure they have local places/hangouts for children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City