Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 08:50 AM

2 posts, read 5,257 times

Advertisements

I am looking to relo from ohio to oklahoma, and I am considering the Yukon/Mustang area, but also have heard about Edmond. Could I get some honest open information, and not have this thread hijacked by people talking about how bad the drivers are and how friendly/not friendly they perceive people to be.

I am looking for information about Schools mostly, community is nice but my sons education comes first. I would like a smaller community as that is what I am used to.

I have most research done on the state and most costs associated with oklahoma that I do not have where I am coming from. SO please again give me your honest and open feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 08:45 PM

259 posts, read 1,072,736 times
I live in West Okc, near both Yukon & Mustang. My boys aren't school age but we chose to live in Mustang school district b/c they're supposed to be really good. My husband went to the high school and thought it was great as well.
Mustang is experiencing a lot of growth- there's numerous new neighborhoods here and their main street (hwy 152 which convienently heads out to the airport and I-44) is growing.
Not much in the way of grocery shopping (Walmart, Homeland, meat market and Braums) and most restaurants are fast food. Yukon is nearby though and has many of the sit down chain restaurants.

I don't know much about Yukon schools- they are def better than Okc's though.

Overall traffic isn't bad out here, ESP compared to Edmond. Edmond is nicer IMO with more retail/dining options, more trees/hills, parks etc but it is so packed full of people.
Out in Yukon/Mustang there is still endless acres of farmland.
And Mustang has a wonderful new town center w/walking trails, fishing pond, playground, pool, gym that's super cheap for residents, and a great library.

Hope all of that helps- let me know if you have more questions:-)

Old 03-08-2010, 07:34 PM

18 posts, read 52,400 times
ah, now I can help you! We were stationed at Tinker AFB from 2002 to 2006 and we fell in love with OKC. we also look to education first. We lived in Mustang, we are horse people...like the dirt and dust and rodeos and such so the rural lifestyle was more our style. You get more of that option in Mustang and Yukon, however the growth in both cities is HUGE. The schools in Mustang are great, there are about 5 elementary schools, 3 or 4 middle schools, a mid high and the high school I hear is a little overcrowded, but overall schools are great. Yukon is just down the road on hwy 4...maybe all of 5 minutes...which is where we are moving back to in June of this year (2010), and the schools there might be a bit better, they just opened a second middle school. I have heard that yukon has more "money" as far as kids in school go, but I don't know if that's true or not. Also, there is the option of Covenant private school right there on Hwy 4 if you so desire, and it's fabulous. We own 10 acres in El Reno, one more exit up on I40 from Yukon, but it is for sale and we are building in Yukon. Our church is there (Trinity Baptist Church), my dentist, my doctor, my pediatrician, and it has so grown since we left, and I am SO excited to go back. you will really love the small town feel of either one and you will be pleasantly surprised at the cost of living. I would love to help you with neighborhoods and i also have a great friend that is a realtor there with Calwell Bankers who would be great to work with. She attends our church as well. let me know if you need any additonal help. We will be arriving there in June and renting somwhere in yukon until our house is finished. best of luck! Kelly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City