Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 07:01 PM

4 posts, read 17,935 times

Advertisements

My husband has been offered a position at Tinker AFB which would mean a move from Salt Lake City. We are interested in purchasing horse property and have heard that the area around Choctaw and Harrah are good places to start. Can anyone recommend other areas that are within a 20-30 minute drive of the base but would offer horse property we could look at? Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 11:20 AM

602 posts, read 1,873,178 times
I just moved from Tinker to Hill AFB in September and was a life long Oklahoman until I came to Utah in September. I also graduated from Harrah High School and have had family in the area forever, so I think I can be a pretty decent source of information for you. You are going to find that property is less expensive in Oklahoma than in Utah, especially acreages. If you would like to PM me, I can give you the name of a Realtor who specializes in Horse and Ranch properties who lives in and grew up in that area. The town of Jones is close to Harrah and Choctaw and about 30 mins from the base depending on where you work on the base. Let me know if I can be of more help!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:13 AM

13 posts, read 38,475 times
Good luck with your move. I don't have any suggestions beacuse we just moved here,too.(Dec.) I pray you have a better experience than we did.

I hope that your husband didn't apply for one of the many jet engine mechanic positions. My husband gave up a job he loved (police ofc) to go back to jet engines for the better pay. On paper he was assigned to the jet engine shop, but they assigned him to the area that washes parts. Now they say they won't move him because they put you where they need you. On the other hand they won't even assign him his own locker because they say he isn't assigned to their shop!!! How messed up is this? Yes , we are angry- now we are stuck in a year lease and can't wait to leave!

Old 02-12-2010, 11:18 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinTN View Post
Good luck with your move. I don't have any suggestions beacuse we just moved here,too.(Dec.) I pray you have a better experience than we did.

I hope that your husband didn't apply for one of the many jet engine mechanic positions. My husband gave up a job he loved (police ofc) to go back to jet engines for the better pay. On paper he was assigned to the jet engine shop, but they assigned him to the area that washes parts. Now they say they won't move him because they put you where they need you. On the other hand they won't even assign him his own locker because they say he isn't assigned to their shop!!! How messed up is this? Yes , we are angry- now we are stuck in a year lease and can't wait to leave!
Sorry to hear you've had a rough go of it, MissinTN.

Hopefully you can at least find a decent/comfortable church home while you're still in OK City until ya'll head back to TN.

Blessings.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:28 PM

Thanks bass and catfish. we are looking for a church home. do you know of a more contemporary church of christ in the area? i need some good fellowship about now.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:03 PM

533 posts, read 1,711,147 times
Not exactly sure what you mean about "contemporary" or "in the area" but I recall a couple of years ago that Quail Springs Church of Christ began an instrumental Sunday worship service.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks bass and catfish. we are looking for a church home. do you know of a more contemporary church of christ in the area? i need some good fellowship about now.
I'm Southern Baptist so I mostly know about Baptist churches...here are some you might look into. I hope you can be encouraged by at least one of the following places:

Cherokee Hills Baptist Church
Home | Cherokee Hills Baptist Church

Southern Hills Baptist
Southern Hills Baptist Church - Oklahoma City [Home]

First Southern, Del City
First Southern Baptist Church :: Del City Oklahoma

Henderson Hills Baptist Church
Home | Henderson Hills Baptist Church

Council Road Baptist Church
Home | Council Road Baptist Church

A Couple of solid non-denominational churches:

Life Church
LifeChurch.tv

Journey Church
Journey Church: Home Page

Old 02-15-2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Whoops, sorry missinTN. I just realized that you were asking specifically about Church of Christ churches. Honestly, I'm not too familiar with a lot of their churches.

I have heard of Quail Springs Church of Christ: Welcome to Quail Springs Church of Christ - Home Page

Also, I have heard about a Church of Christ church in Edmond called Memorial Road Church of Christ.
Memorial Road Church of Christ (http://www.mrcc.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi - broken link)

Praying that you find a solid church. Blessings.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:30 PM

Thanks Bass, That was thoughtful of you. You know that C o C and Baptists are neck and neck in the best "dinner on the grounds" contest? haha I will certinly check these out and thanks again for the suggestions. Blessings to you ,too.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:00 PM

18 posts, read 52,407 times
are u for sure coming to tinker? we r going back in june 4 a second tour. we might could help out as we have horses also. our daughter is 11 and rides western. we r building in el reno area. let me know if we can help. kelly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City