Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 09:43 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedwightguy View Post
Up north we refer to it as a basic "safety net", that's why. Even our most far to the right Conservatives wouldn't touch the safety net with MY ten foot pole. The world has moved on from homesteading free land, stealing land from the Indians, shipping them to Oklahoma, discovering oil, and then stealing it all back again. It's a big world out there, and the economic cycles come hard and fast.

Unless of course you want a meth gun crazed free for all and let GOD sort it out. That's why.

Don't get me wrong. I was in Grade six in Oklahoma and never met better, more caring teachers and adults. I worked in the cafeteria to pay for my hot lunch, and I've worked all my life no matter where I've been. But beginning in the early nineties it was a real wake up call in the work world, and you need that safety net to regroup. That's why.
Well, Republican leadership in Oklahoma believe who's really hurting bad are the well off from having to pay high taxes and their businesses facing heavy regulation burdens. I certainly don't expect such people to be subject to income tax hikes, if a special legislative session is held. Legislators feel the poor already have it made from being entitled to food stamps, subsidized housing and Medicaid, along with help from social workers. So I don't expect much sympathy from legislators to prevent it, if it looks like there needs to be more cuts for the poor, especially since it looks like there will be a $500 million shortfall in the budget next year.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 08-21-2017 at 09:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 08:21 AM

66 posts, read 61,860 times
My gas is a bit lower because I have an electric water heater. Really Oklahoma has some of the lowest gas, electric and water rates in the country. I installed a low flow toilet to save on the water bill. Another trick is to fill a pop bottle with sand to lessen the water for the toilet. I found it easier to get a toilet with a number 1 and 2 button. I have a brand new A/C system in a poorly insulated 1980s home that is 1200 sqft. Electric was $150 last month, Gas was $40(only used for cooking and heat), and water was $67. We use like 4-5k gallons a month.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:03 PM

3,866 posts, read 3,143,889 times
My water is about $20 a month in SW Ohio. The average bill is $35 to $40 per household a month. Gas and Electric is about $200 a month. When I lived in an apartment my Gas and Electric was about $55 a month for a $500 apartment.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:42 PM

34 posts, read 29,224 times
I pay for 1 bedroom 730, $75 for electric ( as i don't use a/c almost), and $50 for water including sewer and refuse bill. The only water bill is around 34 for 1 bdr apartment and with 1 baby which i thought its too much!
Is there another electrical company besidd of OG&E

Old 09-10-2017, 01:01 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamayev View Post
I pay for 1 bedroom 730, $75 for electric ( as i don't use a/c almost), and $50 for water including sewer and refuse bill. The only water bill is around 34 for 1 bdr apartment and with 1 baby which i thought its too much!
Is there another electrical company besidd of OG&E
It depends on your apartment management company if there is a different provider available. This was a very mellow summer with relatively low temperatures.

34/month for a family of three. On the comical side - quit flushing. Generally there are charges for incoming and outgoing water plus a minimum assessed on the location. Check your bill.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:12 AM

34 posts, read 29,224 times
Really not using much water! No flushing as well. I checked the bill and numbers came from there!
Yeah, i agree about it depends on apartment management,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
View detailed profiles of: