Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:40 AM

5 posts, read 8,633 times

Advertisements

I am really proud to have been an Okie because Carrie Underwood is also from Oklahoma.

She represents her and her state well when she’s on tour.

-------------
Carrie Underwood Concert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 08:21 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,513,455 times
You betcha for a number of reasons. I come from a state of really good, talented and strong people. I come from a state of many diversities and wonderful history. From one end of the state to the other if one will just look one can find beautiful scenery and remarkable architecture. Whatever your likes you can go from rolling hills to flat plains and everything in between. Interesting cities and even more interesting people. Not just the entertainers although they do make us proud but the folk that live and work in country to the people that live and work in the cities. Yes, sometimes I get the hankering to go elsewhere but I know that if I do I will eventually return to OK as I have done in the past so I have chosen to stay here. OK gets into your soul and heart and doesn't let go. It is a great state that has provided the country with some pretty great people and some pretty great leaders. We are not a New York nor are we a California and we sure don't want to be we are pretty much happy with what we have warts and all. So yeah I am proud to be from Ok and I will shout it from the rooftops until the day I die.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:41 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,761,670 times
While I am technically not an Okie, just a relatively recent transplant from TX, I will say that I am proud to live here. Not because of a celebrity like Carrie Underwood. Not that I have anything against her, but what makes me proud is to among the regular citizens of OK. The people here are kind, welcoming and incredibly resilient. After the OKC bombing, these people have dealt with tragedy with the utmost dignity and grace. They have rebuilt OKC and their lives and I am proud to say I live here.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:51 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,979,592 times
of course.......but I don't like to brag about it cause other folks may want to move here, and we have plenty of people moving here already. I LIKE being ignored.................

Old 06-24-2010, 09:56 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,502,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
of course.......but I don't like to brag about it cause other folks may want to move here, and we have plenty of people moving here already. I LIKE being ignored.................
That's right, GP!

I mean, really.....what do we have to be proud of?! We all know this is a horrible place and no one should ever desire to move here.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
That's right, GP!

I mean, really.....what do we have to be proud of?! We all know this is a horrible place and no one should ever desire to move here.
OH NO I hope I didn't open a can of wormsTo everyone out there the state of OK is currently closed no more room

Old 06-24-2010, 12:47 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,761,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
OH NO I hope I didn't open a can of wormsTo everyone out there the state of OK is currently closed no more room
Yeah, I'm sure we got the very last empty spot in the entire state!

Old 06-24-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Yeah, I'm sure we got the very last empty spot in the entire state!
You did and I am glad you made it before the gates were shut.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:34 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,252,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
Does this mean my three friends who moved here in the last year have to leave?

I'm not sure what you call a hybred, but I will never stop loving what California is to me, but I love this state too. The open lands, the people, the strength, these are the things I love. This is now my home. It's not perfect and there are things here which are madening, but thats everywhere. The most outstanding thing about this state is the people. With very few exceptiongs, I've seen nothing but caring, friendly people who will help a stranger, even take care of a neighbors dog when the neighbor doesn't seem to care.

I'm so glad I came. So far my three friends agree with me about the place. I have a feeling that those who can't adjust to what Oklahoma is, who MISS the rush and pace of life, will just end up going back. Those who like what they find will embrase it.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Does this mean my three friends who moved here in the last year have to leave?

I'm not sure what you call a hybred, but I will never stop loving what California is to me, but I love this state too. The open lands, the people, the strength, these are the things I love. This is now my home. It's not perfect and there are things here which are madening, but thats everywhere. The most outstanding thing about this state is the people. With very few exceptiongs, I've seen nothing but caring, friendly people who will help a stranger, even take care of a neighbors dog when the neighbor doesn't seem to care.

I'm so glad I came. So far my three friends agree with me about the place. I have a feeling that those who can't adjust to what Oklahoma is, who MISS the rush and pace of life, will just end up going back. Those who like what they find will embrase it.
No your three friends do not have to leave.I am glad that you like OK I agree the people are to me at least the greatest. Keep this info under your hats though we don't want our secret getting out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma