Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2010, 03:04 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,690,076 times

Advertisements

Rock Creek golf course/residential development

Chickasaw Point golf course at Point Vista resort

anything you know about lake access--quality of golf course--any info on the home development going on
I would appreciate it

my husband has played at Tanglewood on Texoma a couple of times and was not that impressed with the course or the villas

the area around Highland Lakes/Austin is really pricey
Possum Kingdom has "rental lakefront" vs owning your own property to the lake

couple of the other lakes in our area have issues with poor zoning/subdivisions with no HOA rules so there is lot of hit or miss residential along the lake front

so we started to consider Oklahoma--
the area around Grand Lake is farther than we really want to drive

so any info about Texoma or maybe couple of the smaller lakes would be very helpful--
we have vacationed in northern areas before and my husband has driven through and knows Tulsa and OKC from traveling for work but not that familiar with the area along the border with Texas where we are from...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 04:31 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,690,076 times
OK--bumping this up--
anyone familiar with the Lake Texoma area in general????

Old 07-13-2010, 05:43 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,940,289 times
How come nobody in Oklahoma wants to answer loves2read's question?

On my bus. trips to Oklahoma, people were pretty friendly. Yet to ignore someone in this manner seems to be rather rude. Not ONE single person wants to help a person asking about your state?

This thread has 117 views with yet even a SINGLE response. Okies are not as friendly as they advertise, IMO.

loves2read, maybe you should just stick to Texas and spend your money here instead of sending it North where a bunch of people don't care.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:28 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,947,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
How come nobody in Oklahoma wants to answer loves2read's question? .
how about you answering the questions then? Think maybe no one knows about specific golf courses or lake area resorts? Or perhaps you think we should make stuff up just to satisfy someones curiosity? What do you think we are? Texans?

Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,240,854 times
I am not familiar with the lake Texoma area at all. I wish I could help. I have only been there once and that was over 25 years ago. I live in Tulsa and only fly over that area when going to Dallas. From the air it looks wonderful! Lake Texoma still looks pretty big from 25,000 ft but lake Eufaula looks bigger and has a more interesting shape. Lake Eufaula looks somewhat like a galloping horse where lake Texoma resembles nothing. So from 25,000 ft I would say Lake Eufaula is more interesting. Now Lake Murray has a cool shape! It looks a lot like Ready Kilowatt, the little guy OG&E use to use on their ads.

So from what I know It would be a toss up between Murray and Eufaula.

Is that better Mr Buzz?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:30 PM

731 posts, read 1,576,567 times
I don't know much about the golfing around these lakes but I think Lake Murray down by Ardmore is one of the nicest lakes, the water is a pretty green and clean. I peeked at google and Murray has an 18 hole golf course, is that good?
Roman Nose State Park up by Watonga has boating, fishing, hiking, and an 18 hole golf course and pro shop.
Beavers Bend around Broken Bow has a lake, boating, camping, and yet another 18 hole golf course.
Those are probably the only lakes I have been to, other than small community lakes.
Hope that helped

Old 07-14-2010, 04:57 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,940,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
how about you answering the questions then? Think maybe no one knows about specific golf courses or lake area resorts? Or perhaps you think we should make stuff up just to satisfy someones curiosity? What do you think we are? Texans?
I don't know the answer to the questions. Duh?

Old 07-14-2010, 06:19 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,947,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I don't know the answer to the questions. Duh?
Neither do we, duh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma