Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 07:26 PM

3 posts, read 3,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
What a stupid list. It’s a bad joke that just perpetuates the image of Oklahoma as a poor, rural, redneck southern state.
Look, I know that this site is dominated by people from the rural parts of Oklahoma and from some of the posts like this list, I would assume largely from Southeastern Oklahoma that IS often poor, rural, redneck and southern.
But here’s reality, 2/3 of the people in Oklahoma live in the two major metros with populations of 1 million and 1.3 million people, that means most Oklahomans live in either large urban or suburban areas, not rural. And thousands more live in other, smaller, urban areas.
In the Oklahoma I live in, that most Oklahomans live in, it’s not at all acceptable to have sex with underage girls, it’s something you go to jail for. It’s not acceptable to joke about it either. The arts are very important part of Tulsa and Oklahoma City’s culture. Sedans and SUVs far outnumber pickup trucks, no one watches wrasslin’, people eat salads, play chess, shop at Tiffany’s, coffee shops are very common and popular, people use computers all the time, and most people have never even seen Hee Haw.
And most of all, Oklahoma is not in the south. People don’t give a crap about the civil war, or southern pride. Oklahoma City is a Southwestern city very similar to Ft Worth or San Antonio and Tulsa is a Midwestern city very much like Kansas City or Omaha. There are no stores in Tulsa or Oklahoma City with the work “Dixie” in them, you don’t see the southern battle flag on cars or houses hardly ever and the only places that serve sweet tea are southern themed chain restaurants from somewhere else.
Please tell me what part of Oklahoma you live in so I can find it. I seem to have found the poor white trash redneck part of Oklahoma that doesn't even seem to know how to spell culture let alone what the word means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,571,984 times
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
40. Oh I just couldn't, she's only sixteen.
39. I'll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex.
38. Duct tape won't fix that.
37. Honey, I think we should sell the pickup and buy a family sedan.
36. Come to think of it, I'll have a Heineken.
35. We don't keep firearms in this house.
34. Has anybody seen the sideburns trimmer?
33. You can't feed that to the dog.
32. I thought Graceland was tacky.
31. No kids in the back of the pickup, it's just not safe.
30. Wrestling's fake.
29. Honey, did you mail that donation to Greenpeace?
28. We're vegetarians.
27. Do you think my gut is too big?
26. I'll have grapefruit and grapes instead of biscuits and gravy.
25. Honey, we don't need another dog.
24. Who gives a damn who won the Civil War?
23. Give me the small bag of pork rinds.
22. Too many deer heads detract from the decor.
21. Spittin' is such a nasty habit.
20. I just couldn't find a thing at Walmart today.
19. Trim the fat off that steak.
18. Cappuccino tastes better than espresso.
17. The tires on that truck are too big.
16. I'll have the arugula and radicchio salad.
15. I've got it all on the C: drive.
14. Unsweetened tea tastes better.
13. Would you like your fish poached or broiled?
12. My fiancee, Bobbie Jo, is registered at Tiffany's.
11. I've got two cases of Zima for the Super Bowl.
10. Little Debbie snack cakes have too many fat grams.
9. Checkmate.
8. She's too young to be wearing a bikini.
7. Does the salad bar have bean sprouts?
6. Hey, here's an episode of "Hee Haw" that we haven't seen.
5. I don't have a favorite college team.
4. Be sure to bring my salad dressing on the side.
3. You All.
2. Those shorts ought to be a little longer, Darla.
1. Nope, no more for me. I'm drivin tonight.

If I was driving down the Interstate and someone read this to me I probably would drive off the road laughing sooooooo harddddddddd,

Here's something else you will never hear in Oklahoma
3. We have a lot of AAA ( African American Astronauts ) from Oklahoma
NASA - Astronaut Biographies
2. Tulsa has just elected a African American Mayor
NCBM » Blog Archive » Oklahoma Conference of Black Mayors
1.There a Africn American Governor in the State Capitol in Oklahoma City
lolllllllll.......FOMC Falling Out Of My Chair.....

Old 04-07-2013, 08:18 AM

236 posts, read 427,212 times
seeing some of these comments makes me wonder if many of you are even from here.
although not on the list. one of my favorite okie embarrassments is Mary Fallin, telling oklahomans to pray for rain, to end the drought.. that one comment makes us look far dumber
than any of the jokes on that list.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieplumber View Post
seeing some of these comments makes me wonder if many of you are even from here.
although not on the list. one of my favorite okie embarrassments is Mary Fallin, telling oklahomans to pray for rain, to end the drought.. that one comment makes us look far dumber
than any of the jokes on that list.
Those were the days when legislators talked of spending taxes dollars on making it rain by seeding clouds rather than praying for it.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:37 AM

821 posts, read 464,400 times
No. 5X "No Thanks. We don`t eat beans and cornbread."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma