Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 11:22 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I am not so sure I would bank on that list. It is based on 2000 statistics. As anybody in Oklahoma knows, MUCH has changed in OKC since 2000.
Oklahoma Zip Codes With The Most Money.......Wealth

Highest income zip codes in OKLAHOMA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 11:34 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
I am sure Tulsa is still ahead. It is a white collar city while OKC is a blue collar city. However, I am sure the gap has narrowed some since 2000 if you look at the cities as a whole. Tulsa will have by far wealthier zip codes because their wealth is concentrated. That is how Tulsa is able to land so much upscale retail and dining that won't even consider OKC.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:03 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I am sure Tulsa is still ahead. It is a white collar city while OKC is a blue collar city. However, I am sure the gap has narrowed some since 2000 if you look at the cities as a whole. Tulsa will have by far wealthier zip codes because their wealth is concentrated. That is how Tulsa is able to land so much upscale retail and dining that won't even consider OKC.
Next time you get a chance to make it up to Tulsa, you will have to check out some of the neighborhoods in Midtown and South Tulsa.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:24 AM

641 posts, read 1,072,773 times
The midtown neighborhoods are looking fabulous, and large homes are now being built in the Philbrook area. I think that if there ever was a bad recession in Tulsa, it is now way far in the rear view mirror.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:26 AM

498 posts, read 1,606,072 times
Upscale development is starting to spill outside of Nichols Hills and into OKC. People are buying lots, razing the smaller homes and building large upscale homes. Home renovations are continuing in Mesta Park, Heritage Hills and Crown Heights. Meanwhile, other upscale developments continue in northwest OKC/Edmond.

Over time, a swath of high-income areas will materialize and solidify from west Edmond to Gaillardia, and from Heritage Hills to Nichols Hills.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:26 PM

793 posts, read 1,111,769 times
Neither Tulsa nor Oklahoma City are white-collar or blue-collar dominate cities. Instead, they both are nearly split half-and-half between white- and blue-collar jobs, which I found surprising myself.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 05-21-2013 at 07:35 AM..

Old 05-20-2013, 02:08 PM

18 posts, read 41,682 times
I find it more than amazing, its just not true. Nothing wrong with being a white or blue collar town. Making a living is making a living. But as a earlier post stated uptown high dollar places always pick Tulsa because it is known as a white collar town. While traveling I have people tell me they are amazed at the difference of two cities only 100 miles apart. OKC is nice and Tulsa is a nice place and people from the central part of the state shouldn't feel slanted about being a blue collar region..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma