Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:44 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,223,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Tulsa is ate up with OKC. Always talking down OKC. Trying to pretend like they are more sophisticated. OKC on the other hand doesn't seem to worry too much about Tulsa. OKC has the capital and more population. Rarely will you hear an OKCitian say anything bad about Tulsa. They just don't care all that much.
Said without even a trace of irony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 05:51 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
"Tulsa is ate up with OKC. Always talking down OKC. Trying to pretend like they are more sophisticated. OKC on the other hand doesn't seem to worry too much about Tulsa. OKC has the capital and more population. Rarely will you hear an OKCitian say anything bad about Tulsa. They just don't care all that much.

Funny how the guilty dog barks the loudest.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:42 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Default Since You Are SOUL DEEP........

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_I_am29 View Post
Hello all, I am doing some research and have always found the state Oklahoma interesting with its beauty and history. But I am interested in the two major cities of Oklahoma: Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Of course, lol. As an African American from Texas (we have our friendly two major city rivals Dallas vs Houston, lol!!), how are both cities different? Their histories, stereotypes, cultures and etc...Please anybody who are from both cities or have lived in both cities feel free to elaborate. From what I gather, OKC seems more laid back, kind of industrial, spread out, entertainment orientated and comfortable like a small version of Houston, where Tulsa seem more of the "prettiest" of the two, pretentious, sophisticated or white collar like Dallas. But to me, both cities are cleaner than Texas cities in general, lol. Are the black communities from both cities are the same???? What are the differences in general culture, which offers more? To me, OKC seems more interesting to me where Tulsa I feel is still missing something I cant put my finger on.

Again feel free to give valid opinions.
Thanks.
Since we both are African American..and you're SOUL DEEP
let me hit this subject and RUN ..To MAKE A LONG STORY
SHORT...TULSA was built by OIL MEN...AND OKC was Built
by the Every Day People...OKC is 620 Square Miles..and
Tulsa IS 188 Square Miles...I have lived out in CALIFORNIA
for about 30 Years..so I know More About The Cali Cities
than T.O. Southwest and OKC..but let me leave you with
This Tulsa is a lot more Beautiful Than OKC and HAD FAMOUS
Movie STARS and VOCAL BAND come from it Such As The GAP
BAND remember Uncle Charlie Wilson AND ALFIE WOODARD
AND GARTH BROOKS Oh He's A Blue Eye's Soul BROTHER..
The Music Thing Is A Lot Bigger In TULSA Than OKC.Art (2)
World Class Museums....and the BEAT GOES ON and ON...
Maybe I've Write More Tomorrow ? ? ?

Old 08-09-2010, 10:57 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Since we both are African American..and you're SOUL DEEP
let me hit this subject and RUN ..To MAKE A LONG STORY
SHORT...TULSA was built by OIL MEN...AND OKC was Built
by the Every Day People...OKC is 620 Square Miles..and
Tulsa IS 188 Square Miles...I have lived out in CALIFORNIA
for about 30 Years..so I know More About The Cali Cities
than T.O. Southwest and OKC..but let me leave you with
This Tulsa is a lot more Beautiful Than OKC and HAD FAMOUS
Movie STARS and VOCAL BAND come from it Such As The GAP
BAND remember Uncle Charlie Wilson AND ALFIE WOODARD
AND GARTH BROOKS Oh He's A Blue Eye's Soul BROTHER..
The Music Thing Is A Lot Bigger In TULSA Than OKC.Art (2)
World Class Museums....and the BEAT GOES ON and ON...
Maybe I've Write More Tomorrow ? ? ?
If Tulsa was built by oil men, it was most likely Haliburton, as was Duncan, OK.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:34 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If Tulsa was built by oil men, it was most likely Haliburton, as was Duncan, OK.
Tulsa oil men included Harry Sinclair, J. Paul Getty, Tom Slick, and a boatload of other guys who came from back east. Some, like Slick, went and pioneered other fields in other places but many stayed in the Tusa area. Tulsa was the oil capital of the world because they had more corporate headquarters for oil companies than anywhere else at one time.

On another note I kind of chuckle when the Tulsa posters get their dander up when I said that Tulsa is "ate up" with OKC. Let's just say that in my experience I have heard Tulsa people be critical of OKC on numerous occasions and rarely hear anybody in OKC be critical of Tulsa..............except for the fact that Tulsans are "ate up" with OKC.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:38 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,223,683 times
So, basically what you are saying, in cliched frontier gibberish speak, is "haters be hatin" on poor Oklahoma City

Always a popular and salient interwebs argument.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:09 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
So, basically what you are saying, in cliched frontier gibberish speak, is "haters be hatin" on poor Oklahoma City

Always a popular and salient interwebs argument.
Easy now, Swake....let's try to be a little more lighthearted. No big deal. Agree to disagree...move on.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:27 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Default Will_I_Am29

Hello Will_I_Am29 are you still out THERE....
I have about 60 Seconds for you today..Maybe
2Morrow I Can Comment MORE.......(TULSA) The
Thing That You Think IS Missing Is{ THIS} (It'S) Looks
A Lot More URBAN In The DOWNTOWN AREA THAN IT
ACTUALLY IS...Tall Building Like HOUSTON but not that
Much Going ON IN THE DOWNTOWN {CORE}

Old 08-10-2010, 04:35 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Eddie said "On another note I kind of chuckle when the Tulsa posters get their dander up when I said that Tulsa is "ate up" with OKC. Let's just say that in my experience I have heard Tulsa people be critical of OKC on numerous occasions and rarely hear anybody in OKC be critical of Tulsa..............except for the fact that Tulsans are "ate up" with OKC."

I think we all kind of "chuckled" when we read your original post. Remember when your are pointing your finger at others, three other fingers are pointing back at you. Hee Hee

Last edited by okie1962; 08-10-2010 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-11-2010, 04:32 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Eddie said "On another note I kind of chuckle when the Tulsa posters get their dander up when I said that Tulsa is "ate up" with OKC. Let's just say that in my experience I have heard Tulsa people be critical of OKC on numerous occasions and rarely hear anybody in OKC be critical of Tulsa..............except for the fact that Tulsans are "ate up" with OKC."

I think we all kind of "chuckled" when we read your original post. Remember when your are pointing your finger at others, three other fingers are pointing back at you. Hee Hee
Yes, that old expression has been around for quite some time. I guess you are saying that Tulsans agree that OKC is a beautiful city with a highly sophisicated, urbane populace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma