U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 24,699 times

Advertisements

Can someone give me an idea what the Ok State Merit Test for criminalist is like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 22,305 times
[FONT='Times New Roman']Had you received a response to this query? I'm in the same boat, and would appreciate any assistance.[/FONT]

Old 03-17-2008, 02:14 PM

3,160 posts, read 7,382,414 times
If you are talking about the Merit exams for jobs with the State of Oklahoma, they are not that hard in my opinion. If you have the basic knowledge to do the job you want to apply for, you should be able to pass. I took the Merit Exam for accounting, and it was not hard to me.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:20 PM

25,286 posts, read 11,419,174 times
I don't know about the criminalist, but they revamped the Probation and Parole test and made it a bit harder than it was before.

The good thing is if you don't like your test score, you can always retake the test as many times as you want to until you score higher.

I know the hiring process is a little weird. Our agency only pulled the top 5 test scores for the interview process. But I suppose each agency is different.

Then to make matters worse, most state jobs are opened up agency-wide, then if its not filled, it goes state-wide (meaning other current state employess can apply), then finally it opens up to the genearl public.

So, your best bet, is to get your foot in the door. Lately however, we have been hiring off the streets due to low wages. I don't think you can even test unless OMP states you are qualified for the position.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:17 PM

2 posts, read 41,893 times
I, too, am wondering what the Oklahoma Merit test (for jobs with the state) consist of? Can I study for this test or is that necessary?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:51 PM

2,925 posts, read 4,537,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharvey View Post
I, too, am wondering what the Oklahoma Merit test (for jobs with the state) consist of? Can I study for this test or is that necessary?
It depends on what type of job you are looking for...some require Merit tests and some do not. My hubby is an employee with ODOT and there was no Merit testing involved.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:18 AM

2 posts, read 41,893 times
Thank you LadyRobyn.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 AM

3,238 posts, read 5,759,698 times
If you go to this site: www.ok.gov/opm you can see the list of State jobs available. If you click on the job you're interested in, it will tell you what testing, if any, is required for that particular job. Good luck!

Old 03-10-2009, 09:19 PM

25,286 posts, read 11,419,174 times
I think people should call the OPM testing centers. I am sure they get the same questions asked over and over. There may be generic sample tests available online or at the local public library.

As a matter of fact, there used to be generic sample tests at the library for most tests, because I used to work at a library and saw them. But for these position specific tests *criminalist, social svc's, etc., my advice is contact the testing sites.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 17,067 times
No one seems to know WHAT is on the test!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma