U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,262 times

Advertisements

If you are originally from anywhere in Texas,

and have never attended Oklahoma University,

or currently have not family or friends in Norman,

and plan on living in Norman for less than five years,

I would not move to Norman.

It does not matter if you have never attended the University of Texas.

Only that you are from Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 11:29 AM

877 posts, read 845,047 times
Um.. I disagree. Do you have any idea how large the percentage of OU's student body is from Texas?

Old 09-25-2010, 07:51 PM

7,191 posts, read 9,885,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calredman View Post

I take it you are thin skinned when it comes to rivalry.......if you can't stand the heat, maybe you should stay home............

Old 09-26-2010, 04:51 PM

674 posts, read 893,615 times
Quote:

Funny.

I just met a girl last month who went to SMU and is a lawyer for a local oil company, lives on the westside, and loves it here. Are you upset that your getting razzed or something by the locals? Do you not think that this doesn't happen to Oklahomans in Texas? Or anywhere else for that matter? Sheesh, get a sense of humor. It is probably just in good fun. Hell, half of OU undergrad population (including me) is from Texas.

Where do you live? Outside of the immediate University area, most of Norman is typical OKC suburb, of which a large chunk of the population has no personal connection to OU.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:20 PM

520 posts, read 1,037,720 times
I would hazard a guess that the OP's experience might have been influenced by C2H6O use by a certain subset of the Norman population.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 AM

702 posts, read 1,618,061 times
Quote:

Please please spread this message to all Texans! The fewer livestock that move into our great state the better. Don't get me wrong, us Okies love the state of Texas, we just can't stand the people that live there.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:53 AM

4,017 posts, read 4,934,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
Please please spread this message to all Texans! The fewer livestock that move into our great state the better. Don't get me wrong, us Okies love the state of Texas, we just can't stand the people that live there.
Texans and supporters of the University of Texas are not one in the same. We are not all longhorns. Actually, there's a lot of Texans, both in OK and Texas that detest UT with the same passion as any Sooner. I have never understood why that is so difficult for some Okies to get through their thick skulls. Just like here, not everyone supports the same school.

As to the OP, if you were one of those people that walks around up here wearing burnt orange and a stupid longhorn hat, you deserve whatever you got. Just like my stupid son, when we went on a campus tour of UT and he was wearing a Sooner shirt. He couldn't understand why he was getting so many dirty looks! DUH! I could have smacked him when I realized what he was wearing.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:50 PM

2,652 posts, read 2,250,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Texans and supporters of the University of Texas are not one in the same. We are not all longhorns. Actually, there's a lot of Texans, both in OK and Texas that detest UT with the same passion as any Sooner. I have never understood why that is so difficult for some Okies to get through their thick skulls. Just like here, not everyone supports the same school.

As to the OP, if you were one of those people that walks around up here wearing burnt orange and a stupid longhorn hat, you deserve whatever you got. Just like my stupid son, when we went on a campus tour of UT and he was wearing a Sooner shirt. He couldn't understand why he was getting so many dirty looks! DUH! I could have smacked him when I realized what he was wearing.
I see longhorn stuff in Norman on occasion. It's not THAT unusual. In fact I work in several towns in Oklahoma and see Longhorn stuff in almost all of them. In fact, in Elk City, OK I have seen as much Longhorn stuff as I have OU and OSU stuff. Funny thing about it, I never saw much ATM or Tech stuff in Elk.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:20 AM

25,298 posts, read 11,429,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
You got that right, debz, we have friends from UT and TA&M. They go at it every time they are in the same room. It's all in good fun for most people though.

I hope the OP understands not everyone in OK gives a hoot about some stupid game.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:16 PM

7,191 posts, read 9,885,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
........... not everyone in OK gives a hoot about some stupid game.
of course not.....but Texas/OU is not "just some stupid game." It is THE stupid game.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma