U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 PM

81 posts, read 227,428 times

Advertisements

That could be a difficult job if you don't have any idea where in Oklahoma this well was drilled. Narrowing it down to a county might help but if you live out of state that would make if even harder to go to a county courthouse and do some searching for any old oil lease records. A capped well could mean it was plugged since oil prices were pretty low in 1974 or so.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 06:27 PM

7,246 posts, read 8,954,760 times
It can be difficult to find unless the records for the county are computerized. Property Records historically are organized to find the owner once you know the property you are interested in learning about. However when you want to find what properties a particular person owns it is next to impossinpossible unless the records are available to search on a computer. The one county I am familiar with in Ok has property records on line covering the past 10-15 years. The records are organized by county I believe so if you narrowed it down to a couple of counties you could call them and find out whether the records are automated for the period in question and search for ownership online.

Good luck

Old 11-23-2012, 08:28 PM

81 posts, read 227,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakitaluvd View Post
Hello all,
My dad had mineral rights to some land in Oklahoma. He received paper work in the 70's regarding leasing the land and drilling for oil, he was paid a royalty while the company drilled. The last my dad heard was the oil well's they drilled was going to be capped. This was around 1974 or 1975, and we have not heard anything from the company since. Furthermore, my dad passed away in 2003 and in his letter to us three kids was to stay on top of this issue because his royalties would pass down to his children. However, I have looked in all of his lock boxes and I can not find any information concerning where these oil wells are located and if there is any progress in releasing the oil. I do know the oil wells are capped in Oklahoma.

The help I need is where do I begin to find out any information regarding these oil wells. Maybe a database or someone to contact. I would appreciate any help from someone with this type of knowledge. You may also email me personally at lakitaluvd@aol.com.

Thank you
lakitaluvd.
Here is another thing I thought about as a long shot. The State of Oklahoma receives unclaimed money from many sources. Many undeliverable oil and gas royalties are held by the state treasurers office.
The web site is as follows.
https://www.ok.gov/unclaimed/index.php

If by chance you find any oil money you might be able to back track to where it came from.
Just a shot in the dark.

Last edited by foonman50; 11-23-2012 at 08:38 PM..

Old 07-25-2013, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,578 times
My mother inherited mineral rights in Grady County,Oklahoma.But her and my dad are deceased.How do i get these mineral rights in my name.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:36 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,796,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamountains66 View Post
My mother inherited mineral rights in Grady County,Oklahoma.But her and my dad are deceased.How do i get these mineral rights in my name.
Did you inherit all their property? When I changed the mineral rights owned by my parents, I dealt with the court clerk of the county where the rights are located. She would tell me what she needed and I would send. Can't recall exactly, but, easy for you to find out. Certified copies of the will if their is one, certified copies of death certificates... etc...

Old 08-04-2013, 07:40 PM

For anyone interested... Last year while searching for something I typed Oklahoma Mineral Rights discussion forum into Bing or Google and there it was.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:13 AM

7,246 posts, read 8,954,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
For anyone interested... Last year while searching for something I typed Oklahoma Mineral Rights discussion forum into Bing or Google and there it was.
This is a great source of info on going rates for minerals in various counties, there are sites for each county in Ok with active mineral interests.

A land man found us as owners of minerals we did not know about, it had not been recorded cleanly in the property records. He followed the probate to find who inherited things from someone he concluded owned the minerals and we cut a deal to lease to him. So if you have a high prospect for oil and or gas potential, the land man will find you even if its not in your name officially now. Being in your name might make it easy for a land man but in my view it is not necessary

Old 09-04-2014, 03:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,395 times
Hello I am also virgina in this mineral rights land. I am in search of a landman that I can pay to help me find out something's as there are a couple of inconsistencies. One is in the court papers they have my grandmothers name wrong. As well she supposedly conveyed the mineral rights in 2002 but had passed away in 1997.
I need help if anyone knows of a landman in coal county that can possibly help me please notify me here or
By my email afischer69@me.com.
Thank you

Old 09-04-2014, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
This is a great source of info on going rates for minerals in various counties, there are sites for each county in Ok with active mineral interests.

A land man found us as owners of minerals we did not know about, it had not been recorded cleanly in the property records. He followed the probate to find who inherited things from someone he concluded owned the minerals and we cut a deal to lease to him. So if you have a high prospect for oil and or gas potential, the land man will find you even if its not in your name officially now. Being in your name might make it easy for a land man but in my view it is not necessary
Hi can you guide me to a landman? In oklahoma , preferably coal county?

Old 09-04-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish69 View Post
Hello I am also virgina in this mineral rights land. I am in search of a landman that I can pay to help me find out something's as there are a couple of inconsistencies. One is in the court papers they have my grandmothers name wrong. As well she supposedly conveyed the mineral rights in 2002 but had passed away in 1997.
I need help if anyone knows of a landman in coal county that can possibly help me please notify me here or
By my email afischer69@me.com.
Thank you
Try this: Coal County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion - Mineral Rights Forum
Also: Here is the email address of a land company in Oklahoma City. They deal with all the counties, I think. sdunlevy@lowryland.com His name is Seth Dunlevy, Lowry Land Co., Inc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma