U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-06-2011, 09:32 AM

174 posts, read 231,535 times
Default Jazz Clubs in Oklahoma

I'll be moving to OK from the NYC area later this year. I'm really into jazz and was wondering if there are any regular venues for jazz in Oklahoma. I'm thinking of sort of like the Bluenote or the Iridium if you've ever been there. I looked on the internet and there doesn't seem to be active nightly spots. I've asked around the past few months and so far only one person has performed in Oklahoma- at the Petroleum Club in OKC. She said though that it's not an exclusive jazz venue. I know about the jazz museum in Tulsa but it's not a nightclub.

Anyone have a line on jazz nightclubs in OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 11:00 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,377,582 times
Not so much a jazz club, but the UCO Jazz Lab in Edmond has performances every weekend. It's not located on campus, but an area of downtown Edmond near the university. It's not just a student performance venue, but professional musicians much of the time. Also several times a year they have big name acts come in. It's a very small, intimate venue. Since we've been here, I know Chris Botti and George Winston have performed there. I heard recently that Pat Metheny is suppose to be appearing sometime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma