Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 04:49 PM

70 posts, read 110,939 times

Advertisements

I'm posting on behalf of a couple who suspect they've been scammed in Oklahoma's state adoption process. Their adoption failed after sinking enough money to buy two new cars, and they believe they were lied to by the attorney, the counselor, and the birth mother.

I'm working on creating a web site/forum in the interest of starting up a national association to prevent failed adoptions and protect adoptive parents from scams.

If you or anyone you know has experienced being scammed by an Oklahoma adoption agency, please post here or contact me via private message. I will post a link to the networking web site soon.

It is my understanding that Oklahoma has better laws than many other states regarding protection of both birth mothers and adoptive parents. However, although many agencies are in place to protect birth mothers, no association yet exists nationwide to protect adoptive parents. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Thank you for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,442 times
Hello, my wife and I have been scammed recently from a birth mother in Oklahoma. Please help us.

Jason

Old 09-26-2011, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,239 times
One look at the Oklahoma Adoption Code could protect prospective adoptive parents from being scammed by birth parents. Its not agencies who are causing adoptive parents to get hurt and lose money. Any licensed agency is aware of the law and follows it in order to keep their license to place children. Adoptive parents, please consult an adoption attorney or licensed agency before giving money to someone who promises you their child. Its not rocket science. Read the statutes at the very least. Guard your heart. Get your head in the game. Clearly, criminals are dishonest and will play on your sensitivities. Your future family deserves for you to pursue adoption through legal means. Do your homework, find a good attorney or agency, get referrals. Never try to do it yourself. Its heartbreaking and sickening to watch family after family be devastated by stupid criminals that find you to be easy prey. Its so sad. PLEASE pay attention to your gut - you wouldn't give any other faceless person you meet on the internet cash would you? But that all changes when a woman mercilessly tells you she is pregnant and wants to place her baby with you. Understand that birth moms who REALLY want to place go through attorneys and agencies. Its the ones who want to scam you that avoid professionals. I know there are scamming agencies and attorneys out there as well. However, look at the statistics and quit gambling on individuals. I'm so sorry for your loss. As an adoption professional, I see the hollow look of loss frequently in adoptive parents. PLEASE, PLEASE don't leave your hearts unguarded. Get guidance from someone who knows how to weed out these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma