Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 12:56 AM

116 posts, read 251,140 times

Advertisements

i am so excited. im coming down aug. 20-25 short stay but i hope my next vaction will be longer next year... ill be coming from alamogordo, new mexico but ill load a plane in el paso then landing in tulsa i hope i get in early enough to do some shopping with my mom. where is the best either chinese food restuarant or mexican restuarant in tulsa. i havent been to ok in a year and a half...... before i move here to new mexico i lived in checotah for ten years. i cant wait to see friendly ppl. dont get me wrong new mexico have some of the nicest ppl around but they dont beat okies..... i cant wait to see my walmart family and i cant wait to see all of oklahoma and just being able to smell the fresh air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 08:08 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
It's a bit early, I'm a bit surly, but............

A mediocre Mexican restaurant in Alamogordo is better than the best available here. McDonalds does NOT serve green chili with Big Macs here.

The best Chinese is Asian Cusine at 4710 E 52st. Used to be a Steak and Ale......they never remodeled, just kept the Tudor look and added some Chinese decorations. Menu is virtually indecipherable and the wait staff doesn't do English very well.....some of them don't do English at all. Generally prices are under $10 per entree. Service can be the worst I've ever experienced. I've been there and been ready to leave for a burger somewhere when they finally took my order. The up side is that it is the best Chinese food I've had outside of little China in New York. Huge portions, great food, low prices.

I had a duck wonton soup that filled me and Annemieke up before the entrees arrived, and took enough soup home for us to share for lunch the next day. she took home enough lo mein to have twice, and I had a pepper beef that was incredible.....as well as lunch the next day.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:55 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,762,350 times
Don't know too much about restaurants in Tulsa, but we ate at El Guapo in downtown Tulsa recently and we thought it was pretty good. No, it's not as good as what you get in NM, but I liked it better than most of the ones here in OKC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of: