U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-19-2011, 02:23 AM

2 posts, read 2,031 times

Advertisements

I am moving to OK for a job, it's actually in Kiowa but I have been looking in McAlester because it's close and seems to be the biggest town in the area. I am moving down by myself and have been looking for a studio or single bedroom apartment, even someone renting out part of their house would be fine, I just want to keep it around $500/month if possible.

I have looked all over the internet and found very little, I have called several places but it seems 1 bedroom apartments are hard to come by in that area. Right now the only thing I have lined up is someone who is renting out half of their trailer home, $550/month, this is absolutely a last resort. Getting a bit desperate now, especially not being able to see these places as I currently reside in Colorado. I drive down on Friday and start work next Monday, any advice would really be appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 01:32 AM

216 posts, read 401,252 times
Have you checked Hardy Springs Apartments ?

Old 07-20-2011, 06:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,031 times
I have yes, no one bedroom or studios available, the two bed 1 bath they have is a bit too much for me to front solo, but it looked nice. West Street has vacancies, you heard of em?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:25 PM

8,780 posts, read 6,795,763 times
You may have to drive all over McAlister looking for for rent signs posted in yards. That's how a lot of people do it when looking for a place to rent in Stillwater.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:29 PM

25,515 posts, read 11,602,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You may have to drive all over McAlister looking for for rent signs posted in yards. That's how a lot of people do it when looking for a place to rent in Stillwater.
Yes, same here. Not too many folks want to post an ad. I will ask some people we know in the area. You may be commuting for awhile from another small town nearby.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:21 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,038,071 times
Call a real estate guy. I know First Realty has a lot of rentals but wouldn't know their prices. Part of the problem with McAlester is the Base, well DAC that is at the Base. They have schools going all the time that last about a year and they are picked up fast. Then there is long TDYs here which case DAC it self has picked up. NOT TO MENTION THE OIL COMPANIES. Their companies rent apartments and have the workers come and go in them for sleeping. If I LIKE McAlester, I would invest in some rentals but other than this ranch I own I prefer not investing in that town.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:37 AM

674 posts, read 922,427 times
Have you tried looking in Krebs? Its a "suburb" of McAlester.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:55 PM

8,780 posts, read 6,795,763 times
Even the yellow house in Stillwater that Garth Brooks lived in from 1986-87 after he got rejected by Nashville has a for lease sign in front of it.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 937 times
Default McAlester

Check Krebs (1 mile east of Mcalester) and Savanna ( couple miles south) too. The mcalester newspaper while normally not worth reading, does have classifieds with houses and trailer for rent. They have a website but not sure if they have all the listings in the paper listed online.

Last edited by cooy; 07-23-2011 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: east not west of mcalester
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma