U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-20-2008, 04:58 AM

63 posts, read 176,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
That's a cute picture.

It's spring, so here are some pics of some pretty blooms I saw on Monday:

I think I remember something like this!
I think it was called..................Spring?
It looks so good. I'm going to make copies and hang these pictures on my windows. Try to cover the 3 ft of snow in the yard and 8ft snow drift by the house deck.
Great news......I can start to see back yard out my dining room window. It got totally blocked by the snow and snow fall from roof.
One day I opened the window to "thaw " some of it and basically to see how hard it was. It was like a rock. So, I gave up very soon after checking.
Yes, too much snow makes you do weird things.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:31 AM

2,928 posts, read 4,355,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'll have to mow my back yard in a couple days.
Same here. Is your yard full of little purple flower/weeds like the rest of town?? I know they're just weeds, but it makes a pretty ground-cover till the grass starts sprouting again!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:40 AM

13,387 posts, read 9,068,242 times
Covered, and that's about all too.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:47 AM

1,353 posts, read 2,688,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Same here. Is your yard full of little purple flower/weeds like the rest of town?? I know they're just weeds, but it makes a pretty ground-cover till the grass starts sprouting again!
That would be hinbit and it's my worst enemyIt's the only reason we need to mow so far. Some of our neighbors don't believe in treating it in their front yards either, ack

Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 PM

3,160 posts, read 7,109,349 times
Just think of it as a flower, Nameless. It is kind of pretty.

We had about 5 inches of rain the other day, so we went down to see how the bridge was doing.

This is what is looked like yesterday.

We have another way out. This is just the shortest road to town.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:40 PM

Oh my Peggy! Good thing you have another way out!

I think the henbit is pretty too It looks like a pretty purple carpet everywhere!

The Starlings like to hide in it and find bugs:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/In%20my%20yard/starlinglawn.jpg (broken link)

Close up it reminds me of Orchids or Irises:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/In%20my%20yard/purplelawnhenpin.jpg (broken link)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/In%20my%20yard/purplelawnhenpinclose.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-20-2008, 02:42 PM

5,810 posts, read 6,898,347 times
Hey LadyRobyn,

Did you find out what the noise was in your attic? It was just a hunch to me that it my be Starlings. Over the years when I've done remodeling on old houses, I've always came across those stupid birds. Just thought I'd ask.

p.s No word back from the other party yet .

Old 03-20-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Hey LadyRobyn,

Did you find out what the noise was in your attic? It was just a hunch to me that it my be Starlings. Over the years when I've done remodeling on old houses, I've always came across those stupid birds. Just thought I'd ask.

p.s No word back from the other party yet .
Heya! I was just wondering how you all were doing with all that rain and flooding!

No suspects yet... Went up there, but didn't see any droppings, or signs of nesting anywhere. (by anything) Haven't heard it again either...

p.s. Be patient, but keep in touch...it may take awhile.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:46 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,688,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Just think of it as a flower, Nameless. It is kind of pretty.
Sorry, but because of that "flower" I had to mow the backyard today, it's not winning points with me.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:56 PM

5,810 posts, read 6,898,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Heya! I was just wondering how you all were doing with all that rain and flooding!

No suspects yet... Went up there, but didn't see any droppings, or signs of nesting anywhere. (by anything) Haven't heard it again either...

p.s. Be patient, but keep in touch...it may take awhile.
Some flooding but nothing mayor, our house sits high enough that we've never experience any problems.

Just keep lookin and a listen they'll give themselves up sooner or later.

Do you mean to keep in touch with you or the other party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma