U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 05:12 PM

2,469 posts, read 4,766,328 times
Default Senator Inhofe-Global warming - Congressional Spending

Only in Oklahoma would this guy survive. Is it hot enough for you? Few legitimate scientists still doubt climate change - if YOU do go outside.

INhofe was also listed awhile back as the 2nd biggest spender. (Cochran of MS was #1).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 07:47 PM

7,911 posts, read 9,615,120 times
I just went outside. At 6:40PM PDT, it was all of 56 deg F with a 20 Kt wind, with overcast and light intermittent drizzle. Weather is not climate.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 PM

295 posts, read 286,990 times
It was -31 in Nowata this last winter. Where were you then? It is funny how you believers "pick and choose" your data points.

The climate has undeniably warmed up. It was also warm like this when Jesus was walking the earth. We have been generally warming since the end of the Pleistocene. We have also had periods of cooling over that interval. Humans did not cause this.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:02 PM

2,672 posts, read 1,573,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Only in Oklahoma would this guy survive. Is it hot enough for you? Few legitimate scientists still doubt climate change - if YOU do go outside.

INhofe was also listed awhile back as the 2nd biggest spender. (Cochran of MS was #1).
Oh ocean2026, LOL, you have no idea what you started. Didn't you know?

The climate is not changing. The arctic did not lose the largest amount of ancient ice ever this past July.
Treelines are not shifting up into the tundra in the Bitterroot range. Glaciers are not melting across the globe.
In Montana, the warm season has not gradually extended over the last 30 years.

And Inhofe did not dive into the middle of a cyanobacteria bloom after the state warned there was an outbreak in several Grand Lake coves.

Oh wait! Yes he did! He's a smart one, that guy.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:13 PM

8,704 posts, read 6,514,898 times
To simplify things when it's summer time it's global warming. When it's winter it switches to global cooling.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:35 AM

498 posts, read 923,887 times
Basically most people know crap about meteorology and have no business getting in scientific arguments unless they themselves have studied weather trends throughout earth's history. Heck, most people in this country either can't read or can't comprehend what they've read, don't know how many states we have, how many presidents we've had, how many continents there are or how far the sun is from the earth.

Heck, some have never heard of plate tectonics. And yet they have the nerve to join the debate? Global warming has shifted from a scientific debate to a government-sanctioned religion. It's sick.

I think everyone in this country is missing the point. We should be more concerned with how pollution affects our lungs then how much heat is being trapped in the atmosphere.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:20 AM

2,672 posts, read 1,573,313 times
Quote:
And yet they have the nerve to join the debate? Global warming has shifted from a scientific debate to a government-sanctioned religion. It's sick.

I think everyone in this country is missing the point. We should be more concerned with how pollution affects our lungs then how much heat is being trapped in the atmosphere.
Excellent points!

There are many online blogs, websites, and 'newspapers' for those interested in science related things. I enjoyed reading this blog entry from yale360. It's called field notes from the arctic. For any of you who enjoy reading this type of material:

Yale Environment 360: Arctic Blog: As Climate Warms, A Shifting Landscape for Wildlife

Alright fellow Okies, stay cool and enjoy your day. I don't know about you guys, but I am looking forward to sitting by a fire in the chiminea this comming fall. I'll welcome 40 degrees like a long, lost friend; have a cup of black coffee in my hand and cats rubbing against my ankles.

Soon!!

Old 08-05-2011, 07:49 AM

1,471 posts, read 1,938,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
To simplify things when it's summer time it's global warming. When it's winter it switches to global cooling.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:07 AM

295 posts, read 286,990 times
Watch sunspot cycles and you will be able to predict some of the climate ups and downs over the years. Solar Cycle 24 is just ramping up finally, and this warm-up was somewhat expected by me. The amazing dormancy of the sun over the last handful of years coincided with long, rainy springs and cooler winters. The extremely active sunspot cycles of 22 and 23 occurred during part of the temperature uptrend (the hockey stick) of the last century.

Solar cycle strengths are just as difficult to predict as the weather here on earth, however some scientists believe that the sun is on the cusp of a long, dormant period. Possibly significant cooling will follow, could last many decades.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:42 AM

1,471 posts, read 1,938,800 times
[
Solar cycle strengths are just as difficult to predict as the weather here on earth, however some scientists believe that the sun is on the cusp of a long, dormant period. Possibly significant cooling will follow, could last many decades.[/quote]

I guess I could pray for the significan cooling period! On the scientist predictions, how long do the "think" this hot dry period will last?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of: