Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 9,291 times

Advertisements

Any one know of Piney Creek at this lake? I am currently looking for a lake view or lot close to the lake. I have seen some auction stuff on Piney Creek, and the property seems pretty cheap so I am thinking there is a catch, any info would be great or if you have some property to sell I would be interested.

Thanks, hotrod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2006, 05:42 PM

4 posts, read 22,268 times
Piney Creek is just outside the town of Eufaula. It's very small little lots for campers and such....I haven't been out there in awhile, I don't know if there are any cabins out there now or not. It's pretty much used for a little camping lot for people on the weekends. I'm not sure exactly what kind of info you are looking for on it....

Old 11-14-2006, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 11,142 times
Last year (Sept) my husband & I were looking for lots in Piney Creek area and couldn't find (was like a wild goose chase). Instead we came upon lots (3 acres min) at the Hidden Ridge Estates, one of which we purchased - a 3 acre w/panoramic lakeview (Eufaula Lake). Most of the lots are either lake view or lake front. Our house is currently under construction, and hope to move out there soon.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 9,273 times
Default Piney Creek

We own lake lots at Piney Creek. It is an area right off of Highway 9. If you get off of I-40 on at the Eufaula exit, go through town towards the dam. You will follow across two big bridges that cross the lake. Watch for a little store that looks like a cabin called "Pixie Woods." When you get there, turn left, and go for a few miles. Piney Creek will be on your left-hand side. It has a community boat dock, several bath houses, a swimming pool, and a nice beach area. The lots are typically 40x100.

Piney Creek used to have a homeowners association for lack of a better term, with lots of rules, including how big your rv could be, how old, the types of structures, how many nights you can stay in a row, etc. Apparenty, the association has broken up and moved away, because now there are folks literally living there. We still pay the maintenance fees, but the rules are gone. On some of the streets up towards the front, there are places that literally look like a dump - unfortunately one of them is about three lots down from our first set of lots. We haven't been there in a while and have decided to sell them because it's not safe for our kids to be out playing around that mess. On either side of us though, are some really cute, well maintained cabins with fences around them. So not all the lots are bad. And, we have a camper on our lot that we apparently left unlocked for over two years, and not one item in it was ever disturbed. I like that.

However, there are some really nice places up towards the lake. People have done a lot of neat things with some of their cabins and madethem really cool. If you can find a lot in this area, it'd be a blast.

We have some really great memories at Piney Creek. I hope you're able to find a great place there. And when you're in Eufuaula, be sure to go to the floating restaurant for lunch - bring extra bread to feed the HUGE fish that swim up for scraps, and stop at a neat store called "BOY HOWDY." We love these places in town.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:40 PM

2 posts, read 14,136 times
I'm amused........After returning from an outing at Piney Creek, I decided to see what information has been said about it........and low and behold my daughter had posted about the " get away" place a year ago.

Hotrod, if you're still interested in at least one lot at Piney Creek, I've got 4. ( 2 are joined and located near bathhouse 1 ( where the swimming pool is located); 2 are joined near bathhouse 4 and have a cabin " shell" on one of them that overlooks the lake from a distance...visible from the loft. The cabin is small, but strudy. Email me if you're interested. Thanks, Liz

Old 10-16-2008, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 7,782 times
Default Piney Creek

I have a lot in Piney Creek , it is nothing fancy but the people are friendly and it is close to the lake and reasonably priced . As with some of these developments they have had some problems but I think they are on the mend . There are some lots that people have chosen to live there and they do not keep it clean , but they are few compared to the nice lots especially if you get one close to the water . There is a pool and several bathhouses .

Old 12-29-2011, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,498 times
Who ever runs and maintains piney creek needs to make alot of them clean up their lots ... It looks so run down and trashy...

Old 12-29-2011, 01:09 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,341,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysse View Post
Last year (Sept) my husband & I were looking for lots in Piney Creek area and couldn't find (was like a wild goose chase). Instead we came upon lots (3 acres min) at the Hidden Ridge Estates, one of which we purchased - a 3 acre w/panoramic lakeview (Eufaula Lake). Most of the lots are either lake view or lake front. Our house is currently under construction, and hope to move out there soon.

I looked at those 3 acre lots myself.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:45 AM

2 posts, read 5,999 times
Default piney creek land is cheap and there is a reason for it u may contact me at 918-490-3421 and I can enlighten you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horod View Post
Any one know of Piney Creek at this lake? I am currently looking for a lake view or lot close to the lake. I have seen some auction stuff on Piney Creek, and the property seems pretty cheap so I am thinking there is a catch, any info would be great or if you have some property to sell I would be interested.

Thanks, hotrod
I live in this division of the lake. there are a few problems with this area but you will need to call me and we can talk. The lots are very reasonably priced so that everyone can afford them. I also own the store that is located inPiney Creek. My store is for sale at the price of $40,000. The property Taxes for a year are only $35.00. The biggest problem is there is not running water at each property site only at the bath houses. We also have ways around that.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,674 times
Crowder man - I have just bought 2-bedroom house in Crowder and will be moving their in September. I also owne 10 acres in northern California up by Fort Jones and am putting it up for sale the first of this next year. I really don't know what to do with the two lots off highway 9 that is either in Piney Creek or Pixie Woods. I wood like to know what the are worth. My dad paid $1500 for each a long time ago. If anyone would be interested in 10 acres located in the Marble Mountain borderd by wilderness area and nearest house is about 13 miles away. it is deep in the forest and one of the best places I have ever been. I am asking $25,000 for it. I have owned it sinc 1978. Maybe open for trade on house, land or?
You can email me at [email]cstle.vern@yahoo.com[/email].
or call me at 1-760-433-3808 and ask for Vern.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma