Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 06:57 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,528,545 times

Advertisements

I personally don't think the GOV, any GOV of any state is going to do anything to upset the apple cart. She got elected and now she will simply sign her name a thousand times over and make a few thousand appearances and let the OK house and senate duke it out without really changing anything in the state.

I wish she would revise the sentencing guidelines.

*are you going to hollar for me to define that too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 09:06 AM

22 posts, read 37,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I personally don't think the GOV, any GOV of any state is going to do anything to upset the apple cart. She got elected and now she will simply sign her name a thousand times over and make a few thousand appearances and let the OK house and senate duke it out without really changing anything in the state.

I wish she would revise the sentencing guidelines.

*are you going to hollar for me to define that too?
I hope I will not get hollered at for addressing redbird's concern. Without going into a lot of detail, you can read my column on the issue here:

Prison overpopulation | Leflore County Journal

Old 01-02-2012, 09:10 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,340,619 times
Interesting article your wrote msbobbie.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:15 AM

22 posts, read 37,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
Interesting article your wrote msbobbie.
Thanks again, Debbie

Old 01-02-2012, 09:33 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,975,128 times
So, instead of deciding whether or not a non violent criminal should serve a full term, they are planning to make a joke out of a five year sentence. And lets make sure the guy caught with a joint gets a criminal record while we are at it.

How about we just get rid of those laws designed to protect us from ourselves? "You might do something stupid so lets send you up for 20 years cause you smoke pot." ".......cause you do heroin." "..............cause you do meth."

Make it legal, provide a legal environment for production, tax the hell out of it..........get the cartels out of the business, get the prisons emptied of 60% of the population.....where's the downside? Oh yeah.....CCC won't have as good a profit margin.......damn, guess we can't legalize then.......some investor on Wall Street won't get his bonus.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Legalization of marijuana would be a downside on the alcohol business, if too many people switch to it as a downer before going to bed. To counter that, then the alcohol companies might as well get in the marijuana business.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:37 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,541,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbobbie View Post
Without going into a lot of detail, you can read my column on the issue here:

Oooooohhhhh. THAT is what your appearance here is all about!

Old 01-02-2012, 02:38 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,541,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Legalization of marijuana would be a downside on the alcohol business, if too many people switch to it as a downer before going to bed. To counter that, then the alcohol companies might as well get in the marijuana business.

I don't think they are interchangeable. Pot is legal in my country and the bars are always full.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:14 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,528,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbobbie View Post
I hope I will not get hollered at for addressing redbird's concern. Without going into a lot of detail, you can read my column on the issue here:
GOV Fallin was good about acting on paroles within 30 days after they hit her desk before that law took affect, so that law is really a moot point. Unfortunately, it still takes about 90-120 days to get the Paroles to her desk. Funny how they never mention those parts.

I hope I will not get hollared at for replying.

Sentencing someone to 32 years for an obscene phone call is just one of the many asinine sentences handed out by OK courts. I've got a million examples.

Oklahoma may have the highest incarceration rates for women, but I can attest most are given two or three chances to do their time on community supervision~ depending on the charges.

More absurd sentences I have witnessed first hand. Are you reading this GOV?

Thanks to sentence enhancements for AFCF:

40 years for $40 dollars worth of crack.

20 years for scraping a pipe to get a trace amount of marijuana and giving 10 years for the pipe itself (as drug paraphernalia).

10 years for child molestation with 9 of those years suspended.

Under GOV Henry it took on average of 183 days for male inmates to be paroled AFTER they went up for parole. Let's just take our time, eh? It's only $50/day for each inmate (roughly).

Old 01-02-2012, 07:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
this GOV?

Thanks to sentence enhancements for AFCF:

40 years for $40 dollars worth of crack.

20 years for scraping a pipe to get a trace amount of marijuana and giving 10 years for the pipe itself (as drug paraphernalia).

10 years for child molestation with 9 of those years suspended.
Good lord. If legislators would just work as hard at making sure child molesters get more than a year as some cops do in scaping tiny amounts of marijuana ash out of pipes, then maybe we could live in a more decent state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma